Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 MG 1305
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2017 :  16:28:40  Show Profile
I was sent this picture some time ago when I had the number MG 1305 on my 18/80, obviously the M type no longer exists (or does it?), but are there any records of the car and could this picture be used for records.

The chap who sent it was the son of one of the men in the picture, but his father wasn't the owner. He thinks the picture was taken during the war. As I put the number on the 18/80 I didn't feel it was necessary to sell it with the car, so it now has another age related number, but not the one it had when I brought it and I still own the number which is on retention.

John Cooper M 628

Edited by - Cooperman on 27/09/2017 16:29:33

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3226 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2017 :  18:55:11  Show Profile
John

The picture of the M type is recorded in the Register under unknown and the car does not appear to have survived.

The Registration number MG 1305 is not shown in The Register other than a reference to the picture. For our record I have noted that you have the number under retention.

George
Registrar F/L/N types
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2017 :  22:15:58  Show Profile
Thanks George

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

Vitesse

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2017 :  17:45:39  Show Profile
Unlikely to be a wartime picture - unless very early or very late in the conflict. No white paint on the car's wings and no masks on the headlights. Driver appears to be an ordinary 'erk', although the other four all look to be pilots as they're all wearing wings - two sergeants and at least one officer (either a Flying Officer or Pilot Officer, but the picture's not clear enough to make out the cuff insignia). Fourth man - the balding one - has no visible marks of rank.
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1709 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2017 :  18:45:59  Show Profile
I think they are all sergeants and possibly commonwealth as there is a badge at the top pf the sleeve which I think they had... So training course perhaps?

There will be somewhere, Hendon perhaps all the squadron Line Books, social diaries, the Naval squadrons had them and I expect the RAF did too. They would have photos of people and their cars. anyone live near Hendon?

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2017 :  21:05:09  Show Profile
Come to think of it, the chap who sent me the picture was from Canada now, he dint say if his father was Canadian. Plenty of Canadians joined the RAF and also a lot of British pilots were trained in Canada.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000