Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Manx Classic
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

FrankAshleymgm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2017 :  18:37:10  Show Profile
The Regs and entry forms are available for the 2018 Manx Classic, as well as the ferry and hotel deals. The event tales place on April 26th, 27th and 28th and once again comprises 3 separate hill climbs all over a mile in length and on good surfaced roads, 2 of which are on the TT course. The organisers would welcome more Triple-M cars, and if we can get a minimum of 5 cars, we may be able to have our own class. Full details of the event can be found at manxmotorracing.com, and regs can be downloaded and entries made on line.
Having done the event for the past 3 years along with Colin McLachlan, we would welcome some company of similar cars to enjoy the friendly competition among visitors and residents. If anyone is interested and wants to know more about the event please contact me or Colin and we would be please to talk to you. Hopefully we can get as good a turn out of Triple-M cars as we did at Rockingham on Saturday last, and perhaps start a revival in speed events to match that of circuit racing

Frank Ashley

Christian H

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2017 :  20:10:40  Show Profile
Really good event as Frank points out- highly recommended, in particular the very laid back and friendly atmosphere, very welcoming organising club - have done it twice in 2015 and 2016 despite considerable organisationally efforts!
The attraction is that this event is being held a) on the Isle of Man and b) they are closing public roads for the duration of the competition - even buses are diverted! Residents streets are converted into paddocks - and nobody is complaining when a fellow competitor is taking a few bits of his car by the kerb in front of their front gardens - unbelievable! And please be assured - the two gents Frank and Colin will give you some good, stiff competition!

Christian Hoeptner
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1127 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2017 :  22:14:06  Show Profile
Frank you didn't tell me it was the same date as Brands! What a shame.

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2017 :  09:02:29  Show Profile
It's a great event, and I shall be entering again for next year. Are you coming over, Christian? I hope to see you at the
usual guest house.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2017 :  19:01:16  Show Profile
I intend to be there (usual caveats: work & spondoolicks)
That's 4 Triple-M cars, just need one more...
Go to Top of Page

FrankAshleymgm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2017 :  18:45:21  Show Profile
I have just had it confirmed that with 5 triple M cars we would definitely have our own class and not have to battle in vain with Terry McGrath's Amilcar. There must be some speed eventers out there who could come and join in the fun.

Frank
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1473 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2017 :  19:13:17  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by FrankAshleymgm

I have just had it confirmed that with 5 triple M cars we would definitely have our own class and not have to battle in vain with Terry McGrath's Amilcar. There must be some speed eventers out there who could come and join in the fun.

Frank

That's a great result Frank

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2017 :  09:40:01  Show Profile
Well done Frank. I don't think there is anyone else north of the Border I can tempt to join us. Perhaps Brian Galbraith could persuade Ruth that a week's holiday in sunny IoM in late April is just what she needs. Are there any other hill-climbers in the north of England to tempt? I'm still waiting to hear from Christian.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2017 :  10:04:47  Show Profile
I've just heard from Christian that he might not make it this year, so we may be back down to three entrants . As the Manx Classic is not an International event, Christian has to pay personally the cost of upgrading the event to the organisers, so that he can enter! Ad to this the additional costs of travelling from Germany, and you can see the problem. Perhaps if we get four Triple-Ms (or three and a TA/TB, creating a pre-war MG class), we could club together to pay the fee to upgrade the event, so that Christian can join us. How about some of the Dutch cars joining us? Or that very fast L type from Belgium, that was on the Kernow Wheals tour.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2017 :  13:01:51  Show Profile
'Unfortunately' the Orange Clog will be racing at Brands Hatch that same weekend ...
Go to Top of Page

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2017 :  12:21:41  Show Profile
We're hoping to go over with the J2 for a first time entry, having heard all these good reports from Colin, Frank et al. Still some sorting out to do, with other things going on around then.

Brian
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2017 :  12:19:55  Show Profile
I've entered now, and booked my accommodation at Peel. The B&B is filling up, but I believe still some space.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2018 :  13:28:02  Show Profile
I'm now officially entered in the Manx Classic with my J2.
Two hillclimbs and a Sprint, on proper roads with kerbs and other exciting stuff.
Should be great.
Have applied to go on the MMM Border Reivers Tour straight after that, och aye.

The ferries are getting well booked up now, we couldn't get on our "ideal" sailing today.
But we're still going. Zoom zoom.

Hurry up if you want to go to this event!

Brian
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  13:38:38  Show Profile
Hi Brian, good to hear you're joining Frank and me. Still don't know if Andrew Harrington is coming, but Christian is almost certainly not coming.

It used to be two hillclimbs and a sprint, but last year they replaced the Governor's Sprint with the Sloc hillclimb, which in my view is much better.

Barbara and I will be returning to the mainland on Sunday morning, and driving up to the Barony Castle for Sunday night (a day early), so we'll see you again there, and Frank and Wilma will be on the Tour as well, getting the Monday ferry.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  16:29:17  Show Profile
I've just entered online and I'll book the ferry as soon as I get confirmation of my entry.
It's going to be a busy week: Silverstone Spring Start followed by the Manx Classic...
Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  16:55:21  Show Profile
I've got a reply back from the Manx Motor Racing Club and I'm booked on the Manx Steam Racket.
See you there...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000