Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 Incredible turn of events - D-type Salonette
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bloodysalmon

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2017 :  20:31:09  Show Profile

Earlier this year a gentleman, Andy Munson, contacted me quite out of the blue about the registration number of my D-type Salonette, which is PJ7527, he found it by google'ing it.

He hoped it was the very MG his father owner in the early 1950's ... a 1931 MG D-type Salonette, D0407.

Tomorrow, Andy is bringing Mother and Father to see the MG for the 1st time in over 60+ years. I'm quite excited to see and hear when they can remember ... a photo they sent me earlier ... plus one of my own.

Chris Blood D0407 & F0753

Westbury

United Kingdom
1949 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2017 :  21:04:31  Show Profile
Very nice to see if I may say so.

Well done to you and all concerned!

Hope you have an enjoyable meeting too.

Regards,

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

KevinA

New Zealand
668 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2017 :  21:20:32  Show Profile
Fantastic- especially when you combine this post with your one in the "K3" thread.

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
759 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  07:38:48  Show Profile
Excellent job....... Chris's MG rebuilt to the spec he wanted. That he wanted it to the same model type as when it left the factory is also good. That it is no longer a pile of parts is also good.
Now go and use and enjoy. How do you list the car? D-type MG. Rebuilt to original specs (as far as is possible these days) with new bits as necessary. Pictures and lists of bits could be added with a time-line history.... bit like the "Black Book" on competition cars.
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
698 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  07:51:21  Show Profile
That's looking absolutely fabulous Chris. Well done.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

bloodysalmon

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  17:29:03  Show Profile
Cheers Keith, just needs all the chrome bits on now.

Barry Munson turned up today with his wife, son and grand-son. They too where impressed, but what memory he has about the MG from between 1957 and 1963 ... he must have replaced, fixed and thru-away most of the car to try to keep it on the road ... amazing story that I will document with him. Got a load more photos (to be scanned professionally) of the only D-type salonette photographed apparently, for the archives and D-group website in time.

Chris Blood D0407 & F0753
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  19:09:12  Show Profile
An amazing story Chris, and a stunning looking car

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  21:00:20  Show Profile
Well done Chris, the rebuild of the car has come a long way since it was shown on our Triple-M stand at MGCC Silverstone a couple of years ago.

We all look forward to seeing the car.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000