Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Threshold plates
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Malcolm Bailey

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  14:17:59  Show Profile
This subject has been discussed before for various models, however I have been faced with a question to which I can find no reference.
The question is :- were the plates set into the door sills so that the surface of the plates was level with the aluminium skin of the door sill?
A Triple M colleague Brian Kelly sent me photos of his K Type which bore evidence that “ the body skin mated up to the threshold plate at each end as oppose to the plate being mounted on the skin”
When I came to fit the plates to my ND I noticed that, particularly at the front, the body skin overlapping inside the door stopped at about the same place that the plate would be fitted.. it was difficult to be sure as there have been several layers of paint over the years.
I would be very interested to hear whether any one has any thoughts on the subject?
Thanks
Malcolm

Malcolm Bailey

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  17:09:38  Show Profile
I don’t know why this has appeared again quite some time after the original post.
Sorry
Malcolm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000