Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 The small unheated garage
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2017 :  12:00:01  Show Profile
I have an anorak detector, such that when I get into anorak mode it gives me a short sharp dig in the ribs, I call her Mrs C!!

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1872 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2017 :  13:00:34  Show Profile
Sound's like the safety equipment in my car; a "Passenger seat windbag."
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2017 :  13:49:16  Show Profile
What makes you think our wives never read our email or forum discussions? You must like to live dangerously.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2017 :  14:50:47  Show Profile
The key to a comfortable working space is stopping all draughts go round with the silicone sealant gun and seal every joint and gap, then draught excluder around every door and window aperture and fit wall insulation sheets of rigid one inch thick foam then covered with thin plywood or T&G yes a lot of work and maybe £3-400 in materials but the difference it makes and the reduced cost of heating is astonishing it becomes a pleasure to leave the house for the workshop during our long cold damp and windy winters.

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2017 :  22:11:07  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hinton

The key to a comfortable working space is stopping all draughts go round with the silicone sealant gun and seal every joint and gap, then draught excluder around every door and window aperture and fit wall insulation sheets of rigid one inch thick foam then covered with thin plywood or T&G yes a lot of work and maybe £3-400 in materials but the difference it makes and the reduced cost of heating is astonishing it becomes a pleasure to leave the house for the workshop during our long cold damp and windy winters.

Richard Hinton

but for goodness sake DON'T start your engine

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2017 :  22:43:18  Show Profile
I agree about the boots on a cold concrete floor and keep warm with a padded shirt, which is almost unnoticeable, and a woolly hat.

Hermetically sealing a garage is not a good thing, plenty of ventilation is necessary. During the winter before last I was not able to use my garage much so it didn't get opened regularly and things rusted that had never done so before or since, this I can only attribute to lack of ventilation.

Maurice.

Edited by - Cymber on 16/11/2017 22:45:03
Go to Top of Page

thecollingburnboys

United Kingdom
574 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2017 :  20:57:46  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by leckstein

What makes you think our wives never read our email or forum discussions? You must like to live dangerously.

Mike L

Because I fear they would die of boredom :-)

Regards James Collingburn
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000