Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Peter Gregory - K3 Rep
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Russ Jackson

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2017 :  18:24:00  Show Profile
Sells for £94,583.33.....makes other K3 Reps seem overpriced even though they're built on original MG Chassis's don't you think?? feel free to discuss and keep it nice as Big Bros will weald his key and lock the door.....LOL

http://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/catalog/8/lot/14114/?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F8%2F%3Fpage%3D2

oh and the Jarvis bodied F type that's been kicking around for £40k +.....sold for £28,125......must be the time of year??

(I may not be a clever man but I know someone who is)

Edited by - Russ Jackson on 16/11/2017 18:39:09

correlejco

United Kingdom
251 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2017 :  18:55:14  Show Profile
The K3 replica appears to have negative camber. Probably to appeal to drivers of modern BMWs. I imagine this will make it handle like something you would not want to tread in while walking through a field of cattle.

John - 1934 NA0492
Go to Top of Page

Russ Jackson

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2017 :  19:00:39  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by correlejco

The K3 replica appears to have negative camber. Probably to appeal to drivers of modern BMWs. I imagine this will make it handle like something you would not want to tread in while walking through a field of cattle.

John - 1934 NA0492

I'm sure with a bit of spannering it could be sorted

Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
633 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2017 :  21:02:05  Show Profile
I rather have the impression that the price point of vintage cars may have fallen away from its peak. It's interesting that results from the recent Richard Edmonds saw 4 Austin 7 Chummies for sale - 2 made £13041 and £13442 when you include the fees etc. and the other 2 failed to sell at £9,500. That's way down from recent prices where similar cars were making £15-16,000...

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2017 :  21:54:38  Show Profile
Perhaps sales of cars have slowed, there are 17 for sale on this web site, more than I can recall seeing before?

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 16/11/2017 21:57:28
Go to Top of Page

Russ Jackson

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2017 :  07:33:08  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by George Eagle

Perhaps sales of cars have slowed, there are 17 for sale on this web site, more than I can recall seeing before?

George
L2023

there's only one way to sell in a stagnant market as this and other auctions indicate......dealers will follow suit in time....here's a thought though....I know £35k was offered for the Jarvis F1 and it was declined.....never mind

Go to Top of Page

etlanpa

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2017 :  16:18:02  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Jackson

Sells for £94,583.33.....makes other K3 Reps seem overpriced even though they're built on original MG Chassis's don't you think?? feel free to discuss and keep it nice as Big Bros will weald his key and lock the door.....LOL

Not really - apart from road use this one's as much use as a chocolate teapot!
It won't be eligible for any of the numerous VSCC & MMM register competitive events...and it's a 2010 car so it won't be exempt from road tax

Go to Top of Page

Russ Jackson

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2017 :  17:09:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by etlanpa

quote:
Originally posted by Russ Jackson

Not really - apart from road use this one's as much use as a chocolate teapot!
It won't be eligible for any of the numerous VSCC & MMM register competitive events...and it's a 2010 car so it won't be exempt from road tax

Exactly "road use" which is where the majority of K3 owners use them...lets face it most of it is original K3 MG parts except the chassis so if you want the exact same K3 experience the same feel the same look and you're not particularly interested in racing in the VSCC or other historic events then at a smudge over £80k hammer price + Comm & VAT in my opinion it most definitely makes other similar cars seem over priced......any way what's road tax on an 1100CC car £135Pa insurance...£150Pa.....MOT £40......TBH to have your car MOT tested even though it doesn't need it by law makes perfect sense don't you think I'd pay that even though you won't get a certificate just for the peace of mind wouldn't you where else can you get your car checked over for £40
anyway whoever bought it I think got a pretty good deal considering the information and knowledge I'm gathering regarding MMM's unless he thought he was buying something else....LOL

Edited by - Russ Jackson on 17/11/2017 17:11:51
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2017 :  17:48:18  Show Profile
Russ,

This bit of your statement is rather misleading for people who do not know the car 'lets face it most of it is original K3 MG parts except the chassis' There are no original K3 parts on the car.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2017 :  18:31:25  Show Profile
I don't usually enter these debates, but well said Peter. There's so much nonsense blurted out on these forums.

Yours, Barry Walker
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5998 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2017 :  18:57:10  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Green

There are no original K3 parts on the car.

Sounds like some of the K3s out there, Peter

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2017 :  19:01:18  Show Profile
Hmm isn’t completion a bit variable, as a road sports car it won’t get accepted in competition. But would it if it was stripped and run as a race car and applied for an MSA passport.

Doesn’t need anything from the DVLA,....

there are recreations accepted are they not...

I don’t know???

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Russ Jackson

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2017 :  19:12:52  Show Profile
quote:

Russ,

This bit of your statement is rather misleading for people who do not know the car 'lets face it most of it is original K3 MG parts except the chassis' There are no original K3 parts on the car.

Peter

you can only go by what your told....boot on the other foot scenario...."There are no original K3 parts on the car" who told you that total nonsense.....I guess that's the trouble when you ask questions within a small community of people who you just don't know may or may not have a vested interest.....still a decent car for the money regardless.....Barry glad you entered the debate a worthy contribution

Go to Top of Page

Russ Jackson

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2017 :  19:15:22  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Simon Johnston

quote:

There are no original K3 parts on the car.

Sounds like some of the K3s out there, Peter

Simon J
J3437

could be most of them from what I'm gathering....LOL

Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2017 :  20:04:23  Show Profile
What bits are Original K3 in your view then Russ?
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
910 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2017 :  20:11:02  Show Profile
All the info is publicly available for all but maybe 2 or 3 K3s. Just do the research (as some have). A little effort is what's needed, as opposed to gossip & heresay........
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000