Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Traders' Forum
 ENV Manual Gearbox Input Shafts
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2137 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2017 :  21:13:50  Show Profile
Through a personal requirement I am investigating having a small batch of ENV manual gearbox input shafts made. These will be the straight cut gear type (not ENV AC helical type)

I have no details on price yet as this would be dependant on quantity.

If any ENV gearbox owners may have an interest in this part then can they kindly email me direct at enquiries@vintageMGparts.com This item will not enter general stock and a batch commencement will be dependant on level of interest

Regards

Richard
Vintage MG Parts

Vintage MG Parts

Edited by - Richard Hardy on 06/12/2017 21:15:04

Foz

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  10:43:24  Show Profile
Richard,
which tooth form ? There are at least two
Rather than introduce one new gear into a constant mesh pair why not do what I have been doing for many years..... hard weld the worn splines and recut them.... also do this for Wolseley type boxes and getting rid of Fxxrd splines.....about £90. depending on how bad !
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2137 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  19:22:44  Show Profile
Thanks Barry, this is very useful info.

For some reason, I seemed to recollect that the standard MG Wolseley box input shafts were of a material which was far more resilient to heat applications although heat weakened the ENV type shafts. Laser welding may possibly be a good application process here subject to a little more research

I will contact you off-line as welding and recutting will save significant time, cost and general hassle.

Regards

Richard

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  10:52:08  Show Profile
Laser welding is excellent but I will continue the method that for many years has worked well and is a known process. The man who welds for me on this job used to do Westland Helicopters welding that they could not do "in house"... so he know what he is doing!
The Roper and Wreak's clutches on the small cam MGs wear the shafts or hub splines on the driven plate... which one wears is down to the relative hardness of the two items.....modern clutches do not have this problem as the driven plate has shock springs built in. Borg and Beck clutches on the big cam MGs seem not to wear so badly which may be due to the linings being on the driven plates.... halfway house towards the modern designs.
FOZr
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2137 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  11:23:49  Show Profile
Thanks Again Barry, very helpful once again, I will be in touch with you in this.

Kind regards

Richard

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000