Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 J2 Chassis or any parts
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wang

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2017 :  04:17:15  Show Profile
I am looking for either a complete chassis or even a partial chassis & any other J2 parts that maybe available.
I acquired a basket case of bits less a chassis from a person who had been collecting for many years then gave up after not locating a chassis.My intention is to build a special so not chasing authenticity in the build but rather it be known as a "parts car" which is what it will be.
Thank you in advance.

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2017 :  09:42:31  Show Profile
Welcome to the Forum, the source of so much information on our ohc cars.

I hope you will successful in your search for a J2 chassis, there is always a very good response to posts on this Forum. There must be a chassis out there looking for a good home.

George
Secretary
Go to Top of Page

Wang

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2018 :  22:12:22  Show Profile
I am still in the market for a J2 chassis or major parts there of. I am beginning to understand why the previous owner of these bits gave up.
As I previously said I am looking to build a a J2 special & even though I am not chasing authenticity however I would like to follow the MMM guidelines as to original major parts as apposed to new reproduction parts after much controversy over K type builds.
Hopefully someone can come to the rescue.
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1709 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  08:03:15  Show Profile
I had a new F chassis made by Russ Truman, £2500... I had a few of the bits so a complete one would be more...

cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  08:09:14  Show Profile
Good Luck Wang, I found two completely dismantled J2s in Cyprus and returned to the UK ( with some difficulty due to Cypriot Export Regulations ). I am also attempting to use as many original parts as I can on their rebuild. It may be that original parts are becoming increasingly rare and some degree of reproduction parts may need to be obtained for reasons of safety ( I crack test all castings ). I found in my ' parts ' that most of the original items were in very poor condition and I am attempting to rebuild both with safety as the major factor. So far one front axle had to be replaced and all four front stub axles failed, so replacement with reproduced stub axles was necessary. I was kindly donated a front axle by a good friend.
I had one reasonable chassis and one very corroded one which has been restored in Nicosia to allow for export licences to be obtained.

Not wishing to put you off, but be prepared for a wait and some expense as I am sure that most ( if not all ) chassis's are now taken up.

Chris

J2353
J4129

Edited by - MG Maverick on 05/01/2018 08:30:17
Go to Top of Page

Wang

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2018 :  07:31:52  Show Profile
BUMP
I am still looking for J2 parts especially chassis &/or components to add to my boxes of bits so as I can make a start on my build.
Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1709 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2018 :  07:50:05  Show Profile
What is the chassis number on your bonnet and engine number?

These might give a clue as to which chassis you should have.

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

rowinghuge

Canada
39 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2018 :  16:58:35  Show Profile
As a last resort would it be possible to modify a TC chassis to fit the J2 body? I have not actually measured my J2 chassis or my TC chassis but they look similar altho' the TC chassis is, of course, somewhat larger.
Hugh Pite
Go to Top of Page

KJ1592

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2018 :  11:40:57  Show Profile
This is currently listed on www.prewarcar.com

www.prewarcar.com/233438-p-type" target="_blank">https://www.prewarcar.com/233438-p-type

I’m not sure what the difference is between and J and a P type chassis.

Good luck, Ian.
Go to Top of Page

Wang

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  04:11:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by KJ1592

This is currently listed on www.prewarcar.com

www.prewarcar.com/233438-p-type" target="_blank">https://www.prewarcar.com/233438-p-type

I’m not sure what the difference is between and J and a P type chassis.

Good luck, Ian.

Thank you. I am not sure what the difference is other than the chassis defines what you have in terms of a car. My understanding is if it was built on a P chassis it becomes a P special. I am trying to keep it a J special. Even if I wet down the track of having the people who built/repaired that chassis I am not eligible to have the car recognized as it would have a brand new chassis. Even if I can get a damaged chassis at least I can have it repaired & documented as such. I will keep trying for another 6 months then will give up. I can understand now the previous person decided to sell the boxes of bits.
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  07:32:29  Show Profile
It is very difficult to find original good condition parts now, reading my original post on here highlights the difficulties. I had to get the second, badly corroded chassis restored in Nicosia, Cyprus before I could obtain the necessary export licence to get it repatriated. This has been a costly exercise, not only in money, but in time, luckily I have a close Cypriot friend who helps me with the methology and who to assist with their ' pension ' ?? to get everything moving. Don't give up, maybe someone will have a spare chassis I am sure, If you are reading this and have one, help Wang to get started.Thats it.

Chris

J2353
J4129

Edited by - MG Maverick on 01/03/2018 07:34:52
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000