Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 Where was this picture taken
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Keith Pilgrim

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2017 :  19:11:32  Show Profile
Here is a an interesting picture of NA0518 an NE owned currently by Pete Thelander. He discovered the picture after he had published his thesis on the NE History.
Colin Butcher has offered an opinion of where this photograph was taken but all three of us would like to see if there is any further information and an overall agreement as to where the picture was taken

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2017 :  21:08:16  Show Profile
The background looks rather like the South Bank at Brands Hatch, overlooking the bottom straight,

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2017 :  09:33:15  Show Profile
I think the date might be early 1950s as one of the cars in the background looks like a Morris Oxford?

I also think the venue could be Brands Hatch.

Apart from the Ford all the cars are British, how things have changed.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2017 :  15:23:12  Show Profile
Wouldn't the Ford have been made at Dagenham? Even the motorbike is British, it looks like a Matchless.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2017 :  16:40:10  Show Profile
Yes - the Ford would have been made in Britain but the parent company is American!

Apart from the Riley all the other cars are either Austin or Morris.

Pete Thelander's book, The MG NE Archives, shows NA0518 was exported to America in September 1955

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 27/12/2017 16:46:55
Go to Top of Page

Keith Pilgrim

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2017 :  20:42:07  Show Profile
Yes, I think there is agreement, it is Brands Hatch but I would have said it was the North bank overlooking the Pit area which would be to the left. I also seem to remember there was a skid pan up there again to the left. These e are recollections from the late sixties so maybe I am wrong?
I think the car parking is testing to say the least.
Thanks for the response and a Happy New Year
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2017 :  23:20:21  Show Profile
Keith, that is roughly what I meant - we are looking across the top straight (beyond the parked cars) over to the South Bank, I think...

I went there as a very small boy and recall looking through the wooden paling fence at 500cc cars....and again much later to see the GP, Guards Trophy etc. Happy days!

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000