Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Brooklands MG Era Day 2018
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2018 :  17:17:43  Show Profile
The annual Brooklands MG Era day takes place on Sunday 8 April, from 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM

Details are available at https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/whats-on/brooklands-mg-era

The Triple-M Register has been allocated car parking in the Campbell Car Park - the same area as last year - which proved a very popular choice.

This is always a very popular early season gathering and it would help the Register and Brooklands if we can give an indication of how Triple-M cars are likely to be going to the event.

Replies welcomed - either here or by direct e-mail to me.

Thanks

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Ben Stephens

United Kingdom
167 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2018 :  17:34:01  Show Profile
Dick,

All going well I will bring my PA.

Ben
Go to Top of Page

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2018 :  07:49:49  Show Profile
My PB is positively looking forward to it!

Keith
Go to Top of Page

Pat B

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2018 :  16:46:03  Show Profile
Dick, if you can arrange for some good weather, my L-type will be there...

Pat.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2018 :  19:36:35  Show Profile
Pat , all weather is good as long as to have the right clothing

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

nickj

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2018 :  22:36:10  Show Profile
Hi Dick

we will be there with the L2

Regards

Nick

Go to Top of Page

Russ Jackson

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2018 :  13:59:23  Show Profile
I'm going to be there so can everyone walk around with a name badge on TA :D LOL

(I may not be a clever man but I know someone who is)
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2018 :  10:37:59  Show Profile
This thread has gone rather quiet recently, so can I ask anybody who hasn’t yet said whether they wish to bring their a Triple-M to Brooklands to give an indication now? The reason for asking is that the event organisers would like to know roughly how many cars to expect! Thanks.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1479 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2018 :  10:54:45  Show Profile
In normal circumstances I would be there, but this year it clashes with the Kimber Trial. So, I am out.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2018 :  11:22:38  Show Profile
I shall be there but probably in my MGF/TF. So I expect I'll be dispatched up on the banking somewhere. Shame about the clash with The Kimber.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

Tim Phelps

United Kingdom
166 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2018 :  13:58:56  Show Profile
Dick,
I hope to be there in my Q Type recreation if I can get the dynamo re-fitted beforehand!
Tim
Go to Top of Page

BobH

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2018 :  18:44:03  Show Profile
As with Pat - my M will be there if the weather gods are in a good mood.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher Hobbs

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2018 :  08:54:17  Show Profile
Hi Dick, Yes we expect to be there with our K1 -
The MG Era Day is now designated a wider Family MG get together Day covering K1, TC, maybe 50s Magnette, MGA, Miget, MGBs, Metro!
Christopher and Kate

C.Hobbs
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2018 :  12:12:24  Show Profile
As this thread has gone a bit quiet I thought I would give it a nudge and ask you to say whether any more Triple-M folk and their cars are planning to be at the Brooklands MG Era day on 8 April.

The Brooklands organisers are pressing for numbers, and I'm sure we would like to put on a good show!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2018 :  12:46:19  Show Profile
it may be a case that I collect mine enroute to Brooklands, but that's only if its ready Dick.
Cheers
Colin

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2018 :  13:03:27  Show Profile
Hello folks,

Here is a quick update on the arrangements for the MG Era Day on 8 April.

The Brooklands organisers in their infinite wisdom have decided that all cars to be displayed should arrive at Brooklands with identifying numbered windscreen stickers displayed. Obviously this is not at all practical!

I have therefore spoken to the Brooklands team and they have agreed that those arriving in Triple-M cars should arrive via the Campbell Gate announce themselves as such at the ticket kiosk, following which they will be allowed access to the Campbell Car Park.

Assuming I can get there myself, I will be on hand to dish out these passes either at the ticket kiosk or in the Campbell Car Park.

A sample of an entry pass is shown below - the more inventive of you might like to print and display it - although 'unofficial' it might just work!

I'm sure that any other arrivals can use their negotiating skills to get themselves and their cars where they should be!

Unless you are a Brooklands Society member you will also need to purchase an entry ticket.

Here is a location map of the site showing the entry point and the situation of the Triple-M Register car park.

(Nick I cannot get this to display the right way round - could you pls rotate it? Thanks!)

We have been allocated 40 spaces and it would be terrific if we could use each and every one of them!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000