Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Triple-M Register AGM
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2018 :  17:29:31  Show Profile
The Register's AGM will take place on Sunday 17 June at Kimber House, Abingdon.

To encourage members to attend, there will be a mid-morning gathering for Triple-Ms and a road tour of the locality, including some of the factory test routes. Return to Kimber House for a buffet lunch, followed by the AGM at 2.30 pm. We hope to organise a tour of the Club's Archive facilities, if access can be obtained.

Details of the tour remain to be finalised, but at this stage we would welcome an indication of the likely numbers attending so that we plan to entertain and feed you! Replies here or by direct e-mail, please to George Eagle or Dick Morbey.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 19/06/2018 20:30:20

colintf

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2018 :  18:46:01  Show Profile
That does sound a nice idea Dick.

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2018 :  19:18:33  Show Profile
Pleased to report that the list is now open for the Register's AGM and the optional road tour on June 17 and we already have our first participant/s!

Keep 'em coming!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 07/03/2018 19:19:14
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  12:47:45  Show Profile
Another name has joined the list of attendees!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2018 :  11:38:26  Show Profile
Subscribers to the Bulletin should now have received the Feb/March edition (mine landed today).

In my Chairman's jottings I stated that the AGM date is Sunday 27 May. The date was changed after the Bulletin went to press, so please note that the date is Sunday 17 June.

As announced earlier this month, we are aiming to make the event more interesting and relevant to members, so:
- Gather at Kimber House mid-morning with Triple-Ms for a brief road tour of the locality, travelling over some of the historic factory test routes.
- Return to Kimber House for a buffet lunch,
- Followed by the AGM at 2.30 pm.
- We also hope to be able to organise a conducted tour of the Club's Bill Wallis archive facilities.

A reminder that anyone wishing to take part in the road run and the buffet lunch should please advise the chairman or secretary (that's me or George Eagle) so that we can cater for you. The more the merrier, but we do need to know numbers!

Details of the road run including assembly point will be advised in due course.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3226 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2018 :  21:58:43  Show Profile
The AGM Notice is printed in the April edition of Safety Fast - please respond and better still support your Committee by attending the event as outlined by Chairman Dick in his posting of 26 th March.

George
Secretary
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2018 :  21:59:58  Show Profile
Just to add to George's message, here is the AGM notice, with some highlighted info at the end of it to enliven your interest!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  09:55:49  Show Profile
COME TO THE MGCC TRIPLE-M REGISTER AGM?
A meeting with a difference!
Sunday 17th June 2018 - just over a week to go!

• MGCC Triple-M members gather at Kimber House, Cemetery Road, Abingdon from 10 - 10.30 am mid-morning for a welcome, before heading off on a brief informal road run starting from 11 am travelling via some of the MG Car Company's Factory Test Routes and other important former Works locations.

• Return to Kimber House for an informal buffet lunch from 1 pm (food provided FOC!) and to meet the committee. The Club's General Manager will also be on hand to open the archives for viewing until the start of the AGM

• AGM at 2.30.

• MGCC Members welcome - non-members too, as observers!

Do please come along and join us. We would like to hear your views and suggestions! The only requirement is that you let us know in advance that you are coming so we can cater for you.

Contacts for details and to confirm your attendance:
George Eagle, Secretary 01280 860428 geaglemgl2@dsl.pipex.com
or
Dick Morbey, Chairman 01494 883112 richard.morbey@gmail.com

Edited by - DickMorbey on 05/06/2018 05:47:35
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2018 :  14:25:20  Show Profile
A quick update about our AGM which is now just 1 week away.

At the time of posting we have over 30 attendees for the AGM and 6 or so cars that plan to do the informal road run that precedes it.

If any readers are planning to take part and have not already advised George Eagle or me of this intention, could you please get in touch to let us know asap? We will be offering a light buffet lunch for everyone, so it's important that we buy enough provisions, lest some go hungry!

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2018 :  21:00:37  Show Profile
What a difference a year makes!

Today we had the Register's AGM at Kimber House Abingdon, which was attended by over 30 members, eight nine of whom arrived in Triple-M cars. No fewer than three of them were four-seater P-types - and all of these were green!

The meeting was preceded by a road run over some of the Factory test routes and a sociable gathering over a buffet lunch. Much banter was exchanged.

Pete Neale the Club's archivist opened up the Bill Wallis archive for us to visit, which was of immense interest to many.

We are pleased to announce that at the AGM Jeremy Hawke was elected as Register Chairman; he will also be continuing as the Safety Fast scribe for a while.

Dick Morbey was elected as Register Secretary in place of George Eagle, who retired from the committee. George joined the Committee in 1999 and served with distinction as our Secretary from 2000 to 2018 during which time he has played a leading role in advancing the Register in all manner of areas.

George was presented with an award in appreciation of his tremendous service.
We will still have access to his wise counsel, not least because he is continuing for the time being as Registrar for the F, L and N-types.

Charlie Cartwright was re-elected as Register Treasurer.

Thank you everyone who attended for your interest and your contribution to an enjoyable day!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 17/06/2018 21:11:36
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5984 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2018 :  21:19:42  Show Profile
Congratulations to Jeremy - a most worthy elevation.

Dick, is this the start of a Vladimir two-step?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2018 :  21:22:14  Show Profile
Absolutely not - I have not Put in for that!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2018 :  14:29:02  Show Profile
And from me, congratulations Jeremy,
Best wishes,
David D.

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2018 :  18:28:13  Show Profile
Very fitting that Dick and George should sign off from their respective posts on a high note. Typical of both a lot of work went into making yesterday a success.

A great day out replicating the initial test runs around the lanes of Abingdon that the Pre-War cars would have taken after rolling off the production line. Homebase and McDonalds now line the suburbs however once out into the countryside it was quite nostalgic to reflect on 'bringing the old girl home' once again.

I'm sure AGM will be reported elsewhere however as a relative newcomer to the world of MMM, I found it hugely informative, with most of the committee members giving an often amusing precis of the year gone by along with an update on affairs to date. Congratulations of course to Jeremy Hawke on becoming the new Chairman.

One of my highlights was Peter Neale the Club's archivist opening the factory file on my PA 1392 - first registered in October 1934. It seems she was back in the factory a month later with the sump removed for what reason I do not know. There is however a copy of a letter to the owner, Mr Paul Raynor, dated 30th November 1934 assuring him that the rogue 1 inch piece of metal found in the sump is nothing to worry about. Within the file was the very same piece of metal found! Letter attached below with metal on the bottom right of page.

On the day recognition and thanks were rightly given to many whose enthusiasm and hard work had made the year a success, and also yesterday run so smoothly. On reflection one unsung hero was Dick's wife Gill, who organised catering for 30 plus. Gill was there with Angie King at 1030 as we drove in with coffee and cake. Lunch after our drive and still hard at it as we wound up at 5pm.

Very many thanks to all.

Tim Luffingham

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3226 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2018 :  19:04:40  Show Profile
It was great to see so many at the AGM and also to have 10 Triple-M cars present

Thanks to all who attended and special thanks to Gill and Angie who looked after the catering.

A couple of pictures from me - one of the car park with our new Chairman Jeremy talking to Andy about the Cream Cracker PB and one of the P type 4 seaters. I cannot recall seeing so many in one place!

Cars are PB0295 - B Ditchman, PA1285 J Page and PA1393 Tim Luffingham.

George
Ex- Secretary

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000