Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 NEWEST MEMBER = SCAM ALERT !!!!
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gerard van der veen

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2018 :  15:53:23  Show Profile
This is what I received in my e-mail box!!!!!!

Hello gerard van der veen

You received the following message from: amandakone

At: http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/

Good day my dear,
In confidence, I have to introduce myself, I am Miss. Amanda Kone, 22 years old, I am the only child of late Mr & Mrs. Jimah Kone. I prayed before contacting you, please for God sake do not see my mail as embarrassment as we do not know each other. I wish to request for your assistance in my efforts to procure the transfer of my inherited money for investment ventures under your care and directive, while I continue my education of there in your country. I inherited Four Million, Eight Hundred Thousand Dollars (US$4,800,000.00) here in my name with one of the prime bank in my country and I will require your assistance in receiving the transfer of my inherited money in your local account for investment purposes,as it is my wish to come over to your country to further my education while you take care of the investment of the money. Please I am an orphan and I need your assistance to transfer my inherited money to your country and also your assistance to secure a nice school for me in y
our country where I will continue my education. Every thing must be done legally.

Please I am waiting to hear from you soonest.
Yours sincerely,
Amanda Kone

gerard van der veen

Nick Feakes

USA
3340 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2018 :  15:58:13  Show Profile
My apologies to all, I let this one through. The account is now locked. Please delete any and all emails from this person, they are obviously a scam.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Jamie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2018 :  17:20:28  Show Profile
I’ve received similar emails when I used to live in Belgium although they seemed to originate from Nigeria. How strange, but what is stranger is the idea of someone actually falling for them. Are we sure they’re just a scam and not some imbedding device?

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2018 :  17:48:59  Show Profile
Thanks Nick,
Another member has contacted me by phone about this and was rather surprised that this mischievous person had also managed to find his e-mail address when in fact it is not published on our forum contact details!
I'll drop you a line about this.
Regards

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3340 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2018 :  18:07:06  Show Profile
Both of the emails I have been sent originated within the normal forum email system. I have added an additional layer of security to prevent a repeat of this kind of abuse. It will only affect new members.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3340 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2018 :  11:42:52  Show Profile
I will let this thread sit here for a little while and then delete it. Please let me know of any other instances.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000