Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 FW 4907 D type
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hugh

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2018 :  21:22:56  Show Profile
Following a short article in our local paper, the owner at the time when these two images were taken, has provided them. Has the vehicle survived, please?

Thank you

Hugh
J3091

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2018 :  21:47:07  Show Profile
Mmm, the database has this registration number recorded against PA0873, originally a two seater ... No post war ownership details available, so probably a non survivor.
Go to Top of Page

Eric Taylor

France
156 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2018 :  23:10:30  Show Profile
Interesting photos. 12in. brakes, P type radiator/headlamp brackets/ P type bonnet
and catches? Perhaps a bit of a melange?

Eric Taylor.
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2018 :  17:18:38  Show Profile
FW 4907 was allocated to PA 0873,but this clearly has a D (or F?) type body. Perhaps the extra seating/luggage space was required, or perhaps the original body was just knackered!

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

dbass

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2018 :  21:04:06  Show Profile
Here is the article,it would appear to have been printed in several local area newspapers.
David F0708

Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1703 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2018 :  22:32:41  Show Profile
P Type bonnet catches too...
Go to Top of Page

Hugh

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  16:47:41  Show Profile
This was received from the owner a few days ago:

""I am most interested to read your account of my old MG. I am certain you are right in thinking it was the earlier D type. The door top was flat, hinges at the front, and it did have four seats, although the rear two were very small.

So many features I remember. No fuel gauge,the car just stopped! Then I had to hop out, open one side of the split bonnet, turn the small brass reserve tank tap, and hey presto, another gallon, enough to get to a garage. Bottom nearly on the road, legs straight out in front, double declutching going up through the gears as well as down, and a dear little brass gate to stop you going into reverse by mistake. Fabulous motoring.

I stupidly swapped it after a year because there was a hole in one piston, for a 1933 Morris 8, which was fun, but not as good as my lovely MG.""

May be this was the reason why the car did not survive. Thank you for all responses.

Hugh
J3091
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000