Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Live! - Silverstone 2 and 3 June
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  10:05:37  Show Profile
Just 4 weeks to go!

MG Live (Silverstone) takes place on Saturday and Sunday, June 2 & 3.

The Register will have a large and comfortable marquee where there be a display car, plus our Library with all the latest items for you to buy, a presence by one of our trader friends and of course a very warm welcome to all of you, with plenty of space to park 'proper' cars.

Do come along and join in!

And yes, we really need some volunteers to help us put our display together and staff the marquee on both days. Please would you post here or contact either George Eagle or me with offers of help? Thank you!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 04/06/2018 20:45:08

colintf

United Kingdom
1484 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  11:03:32  Show Profile
Dick,
I can help you on Friday Morning / before 3pm if that helps with putting the display together on Friday
Cheers
Colin

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  11:13:07  Show Profile
Thanks very much Colin. You are a real stalwart! Before 3pm MIGHT be a tad early though. I'll let you know .....

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1484 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  13:13:45  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

Thanks very much Colin. You are a real stalwart! Before 3pm MIGHT be a tad early though. I'll let you know .....

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

It's a pleasure to help, Dick

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  11:34:12  Show Profile
Another aspect of MG Live! is the California Cup competition.

The organiser Noel Lindford reports that as yet there are no Triple-M cars entered for it, so we encourage the regulars and even the irregulars to consider entering for the event.

You can find details here: https://www.mgcc.co.uk/mglive/motorsport/california-cup-autotest/ and we hope that as many as possible and want to get together either as individual competitors or to support their Centre or indeed this Register in the event!

Noel Lindford has just sent this special message for us:
I aim to make the course layouts even more enjoyable to drive than last year, and the way the tests will run, it should be less of a memory exercise, as they walk the course, then do three runs at test 1 (or 2) , depending on which group they are in, then walk the course for test 2 (or 1) just before doing that one. A comfort break again before walking and driving test 3…the big one!

It was a close run thing with the T Types last year, so come on MMMs… have a go!

Thank you!
Dick Morbey

Edited by - DickMorbey on 04/05/2018 16:05:17
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  11:37:09  Show Profile
Hello - sorry, it's me again!

If any of you have a car that they think would be of interest or suitable to be included for display in the Register's marquee at Silverstone, would you please get in touch with me or George Eagle?

Thanks!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2018 :  10:08:03  Show Profile
Pleased to say that we now have a delightful display car lined up - one with an interesting history, too!

Now what we need is some kind offers from you lovely people to volunteer an hour or more of your time on Saturday and/or Sunday to ensure that our stand and our many friends are looked after during their visit, otherwise the usual small loyal core of helpers might feel lonely and over-stretched! Offers please?

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2018 :  12:04:38  Show Profile
Dick,

I will be at Silverstone on the Saturday and happy to help out in any way necessary

Bob M
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2018 :  15:03:06  Show Profile
Thanks very much Bob.

We have the makings of a very exclusive bunch of helpers for the Register stall.

'Exclusive' = not enough, so please could any of you who are planning to be at Silverstone over the weekend of 2-3 June come to the aid of the party?

Thanks to Ted Hack, Peter Green, Tom Wilson, Bob Milton and Rich Stott who will be there from time to time over the weekend to keep me company - any more, please?

An added incentive is in addition to having a display car inside our marquee (already sourced), there will be space for two Triple-M cars immediately outside it - so it might be you.....

Edited by - DickMorbey on 15/05/2018 15:13:31
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2018 :  18:57:00  Show Profile
Happy to help out for an hour or so on the Saturday! Let me know what time slot you’d like to allocate to me!
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2018 :  18:59:18  Show Profile
Plus we have two Triple-M cars (J3636 & 2M2697) coming over with our bunch which you might want to grant the honour of being on the stall? Saturday only though ...
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1484 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2018 :  19:26:51  Show Profile
I need to see the race and sprint timetables before I can commit Dick :)

Colin Murrell
D0285
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2018 :  22:03:52  Show Profile
Hello folks,

This thread has gone a bit quite lately, so much so that I have not had a chance to thank Cathelijne for offering to help us on Saturday (it's bound to be a busy day!)

Any more, please???

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2018 :  11:37:15  Show Profile
This message is for any Triple-M ers who are coming with their car to Silverstone.

The MGCC is giving owners and Registers the opportunity to showcase their cars in brief interview sessions.
Triple-M and Vintage Register cars (one of each) have been given a slot at 11.50 on Saturday 2 June.

If anyone is interested in showing their car and being interviewed please contact wayne@classicheritagepr.co.uk . First come first served!

Edited to correct a typo!

Edited by - DickMorbey on 25/05/2018 11:38:00
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2018 :  11:19:54  Show Profile
Update on the California Cup.

We have two cars entered (or about to be!) for the Cali Cup. One from the Bayne-Powell stable and the Green family's PB Cream Cracker. Entries close (officially) at noon tomorrow (Tuesday) and details are at https://www.mgcc.co.uk/mglive/motorsport/california-cup-autotest/

Entries to colingrant@mgcc.co.uk

Any more for the Skylark? I thank you!

Edited to remove reference to two Dutch car entrants - my error, sorry!

Edited by - DickMorbey on 28/05/2018 13:46:11
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2018 :  14:18:17  Show Profile
Another request!

Will anyone be coming to Silverstone at the weekend with a K1?

An owner who is restoring his K1 has just phoned me and is anxious to take a look at one for reference purposes.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000