Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Wanted M axle casing
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NigelKK

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2018 :  21:26:44  Show Profile
I require a M rear axle casing because the N/S has very little thread left to hold the hub nut in place. Unless any one can come up with a way of repairing the thread/casing.

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2018 :  09:45:48  Show Profile
Nigel,

These advertised on carandclassic.com

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C844190

Tim
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2018 :  10:38:10  Show Profile
Nigel. If you look around, I am sure that you could find a competent engineer who could build up the worn area by metal spraying, hard chroming or submerged arc welding, so that the original threads can be re-cut. It would be nice to have the old axle brought back to life again rather than throwing it away to be turned into razor blades or whatever.

Talk to one of the current MMM wizards such as Barry Foster or Andy King to obtain their opinion.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

NigelKK

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2018 :  20:31:30  Show Profile
Colin I've taken the casing to a locsl engineer who built up the thread and recut it so I'm sorry if you can't get any razor blades this week. I would never throw it away because as we live new methods of repair are always coming along like I saw a engine block which had a new side laser welded in and very neatly done too. Thanks for your comments Colin which made me see light at the end of the tunnel.
Go to Top of Page

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2018 :  09:19:01  Show Profile
Hi Nigel, please send me info on the engine block that you have seen, thank you -Rich
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000