Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 F M Montgomery Monte Carlo co driver
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

montyc

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2018 :  15:22:37  Show Profile
My father was F M Montgomery, and he drove a Midget M type in the 1930 and 1931 Monte Carlo rallies, as documented elsewhere on this forum. My research has yet to tell me who the co-driver was! Can anyone help? Please see the photos with the mystery co-driver ringed. Many thanks.

C Montgomery

Vitesse

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2018 :  19:14:51  Show Profile
The official entry list for 1930 - available at http://rallyemontecarlo1930.unblog.fr/ - gives only the driver names, not the co-drivers. Montgomery was the only starter from Land's End!

They don't have the 1931 entry list, although in the results he's called Mortimer Montgomery (I assume that's the M in FM?) http://rallyemontecarlo1931.unblog.fr/
Go to Top of Page

Vitesse

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2018 :  19:27:53  Show Profile
Here's the report of the 1931 result from The Times, Saturday, Jan 24, 1931; pg. 5; Issue 45729. Again, no co-drivers listed.

Unless someone here knows, I think your only chance of finding the name will be either in the previews or reports in The Motor, The Autocar or Light Car.
Go to Top of Page

Vitesse

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2018 :  19:00:54  Show Profile
A further thought. Have you investigated whatever local paper might be relevant to where your father lived at the time? A "Local man enters Monte Carlo Rally" preview piece would always have been a good story ... maybe even a post-event report, especially given that he brought a trophy back in 1931!
Go to Top of Page

montyc

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2018 :  10:40:26  Show Profile
Thanks Vitesse
Good info' and suggestions that I will try follow up.
Thanks
Chris

C Montgomery
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000