Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Clutch driven plate PB
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jon Pedoe

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2018 :  20:21:56  Show Profile
Can anyone please help me source a clutch friction plate for my PB. Does anyone make them or repair them? I need the "thin" one to match the "thick" steel pressure plate which is 27/32" thick and 7.875" diameter. The existing friction plate in my engine was new in 1968 but is not the correct one (picture attached). It's in perfectly good condition but the O/D is too small at 7.36" (187mm) diameter. Andy King reckons it may be Wolseley. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Jon PB 0373

coracle

United Kingdom
1872 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2018 :  23:06:38  Show Profile
See: http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=13216&SearchTerms=Clutch
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2138 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2018 :  23:12:49  Show Profile
Why not enquire through Vintage MG Parts?! They can be very helpful!!

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

Jon Pedoe

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2018 :  20:58:59  Show Profile
Thank you coracle for very useful link with previous posts from Bruce Sutherland and Colin Butchers as well as your own. Also thank you Rich Hardy for valuable advice too. I now know that the correct overall thickness of driven plate is 1/4" and will go for a fully bonded option using my existing spider, which measures 0.050" thick, giving two friction discs at 0.100" each. Thanks again, jon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000