Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Pre-War Prescott 2019 - Saturday 20th July
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

colintf

United Kingdom
1473 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2019 :  19:55:14  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Grace

Quick update - 7 entries received from the Dutch MG Group overnight - updated entry list at http://prewarprescott.com/?page_id=547

32 MMMs and counting.

That's great Ian. Looking forward to seeing the updated list should be a great Friday and Saturday night there to

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Edited by - colintf on 15/01/2019 19:55:42
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
650 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2019 :  20:34:36  Show Profile
Thanks Colin, very droll Simon!

Peter Hall just entered his J2.

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5946 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2019 :  21:35:39  Show Profile
quote:

... very droll Simon!

After the debacle in the Commons this evening, anything is possible!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
650 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2019 :  17:20:57  Show Profile
Three more MG entries this morning - two from the EMGS (18/80 and 14/40) and Mike Dalby with his M, bringing the M gathering to 8 so far, as we plan to mark the 90th Anniversary of the start of production.

At the rate entries are arriving, we'll be able to hold the day some time in February! ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
650 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2019 :  18:42:15  Show Profile
In response to Simon Johnston's comment on the 'Colouring pictures' thread, it would probably be best to post this reply to this thread. Here goes ...

Simon, indeed it would, as things changed dramatically last year.

Here's the current state of play regarding children in OPEN cars at Prescott. (I believe but will be confirming that there are no restrictions on children in closed cars, but for completeness I will check and report back here).

"With regard to the policy on children in open cars I would like to clarify our position as this is something that we are almost forced to do by the actions of our governing body the MSA.

The MSA have stipulated as part of our permit extension to run non competitive cars on the track that children in open top cars with the hood down must be over 16 years of age and at least 1.35m tall with the age limit reduced to 12 for cars with the hood up. There are no exceptions when we run an MSA licensed event. This has no reference to the road traffic act but is an attempt to standardise regulations with tracks worldwide of which the MSA and FIA are broadly following the rules set down for motorsport venues in Australia by their governing body CAMS. The reason for their decision it impose these rules is that there was public uproar when a child was killed in an accident whilst being taken for a ride in a Ferrari so the MSA are trying to avoid similar reaction if an accident occurs at a motorsport venue.

Pre-war Prescott is not an MSA licensed event but best practice would suggest that we follow the ruling of our governing body as should there be an accident involving a child it would be difficult to defend in court that we have a different and less stringent set of rules to those laid down by our governing body. We cannot guarantee that all participants will take responsibility for their own actions and a certain type of lawyer will look for loopholes in our safety policy to bring blame where 99% of the population would reasonably see there is none.

We at Prescott and the BOC deliberated long and hard before imposing the restrictions but in the end concluded that the only way to keep the venue safe from litigation that would prevent great events such as Pre-war Prescott being held was to follow the MSA lead."
Go to Top of Page

John Libbert

USA
211 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2019 :  00:21:02  Show Profile
Hello Ian,

I have sent an email to you thru the Forum. If you don't receive it, please contact me at my home email address which is in my profile.

Best regards,

John
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
650 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2019 :  22:19:47  Show Profile
Not received John, can you e-mail me?
Go to Top of Page

John Libbert

USA
211 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2019 :  14:36:29  Show Profile
Hi Ian,

I tried to send you an email thru the forum but it obviously failed to arrive.

Could you please send me your regular (home) email address or if you don't want to post it here, contact me at jorolibb@aol.com

Thanks,

John
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
650 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2019 :  16:49:26  Show Profile
Sure John, it is vintageminor@gmail.com

Cheers,

Ian
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
650 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2019 :  23:02:40  Show Profile
Quick update. Entries have just passed the 100 mark, with 220 climbs allocated, 100 BBQ tickets for Saturday night and 41 cars booked for the Sunday nav rally and scenic tour.
36 MMM entries so far - we had a total of 37 last year, so we are about to blow past that number with over five months to go!

We are approaching half of the total climbs available, which for February tells me that I will have to cut climbs to ONE plus the free one at some point soon, and I may well have to close entries entirely some time before the day. I haven't had to close entries before, but with 102 entries already, we were at about 40 at this date last year. I won't let the Paddock become over-crowded.
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1473 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2019 :  06:53:50  Show Profile
Hi Ian, they are good challenges to have I think :) will it be possible to buy 2 BBQ tickets on the day or should I make an additional pre-order and order / pay now? Thanks, Colin

We were with some of the Dutch last weekend, and they are really looking forward to this event of yours

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Edited by - colintf on 16/02/2019 06:54:53
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5946 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2019 :  09:07:56  Show Profile
quote:

I won't let the Paddock become over-crowded.

The right crowd, and no crowding, eh?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Mikeenty

United Kingdom
195 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2019 :  10:41:27  Show Profile
Can anyone recommend a B&B nearby?

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
650 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2019 :  15:58:02  Show Profile
Mike,

Thanks for your entry received this morning. If you go to http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Summerrally2019/Summer_Rally_2019.html , this is the Vintage Minor register's web page for the whole weekend. Scroll to the bottom to find a like to a .pdf of local accommodations options. Book early because this is the same weekend as nearby RIAT and accommodation will be at a premium. An option is to camp in the orchard, available all weekend - Friday to Monday. Just pitch up (!) and pay GBP 5 per night to the office on Saturday.

Colin B, I received your entry from John Hicks this morning,

Simon, what do you think this this is - VSCC Prescott? ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1475 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2019 :  17:08:39  Show Profile
Mike (mikenty). The Cotswolds in July is definitely "high season". But bear in mind that Cheltenham is only 5 miles away and Gloucester only a few miles further down. If you do a computer search on "Accommodation in the Cheltenham area" you should find something to suit your particular requirements.

Best of luck.

Colin B.

PS To Ian. Glad that my entry form has reached you. I see that last year I didn't send the form off until well into May. Does this mean that as I get older, I am getting better organised? I don't think so somehow.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000