Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Pre-War Prescott 2019 - Saturday 20th July
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2019 :  09:11:52  Show Profile
Hi Ian. Thank you so much for a fabulous Pre-War Prescott. I've done a few shows in my life but for a near one-man organisation team, it was amazing.
Thank you also for allowing a trade presence, it added another feature and interest that was very well received.
Here's to next year.

Yours, Barry Walker.
Go to Top of Page

Mikeenty

United Kingdom
195 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2019 :  18:34:00  Show Profile
Hi Ian,

From my wife and I many thanks for a superb meeting, both Saturday and Sunday will live in the memory for some time.
It was good to chat with so many fellow enthusiasts.

Regards,
Mike.
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2019 :  18:41:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Sharp

Simon

Sorry, "No Crowding" I could not disagree more.

No more PWP for me if we are going to see that many cars.

And I really feel sorry for the people who ended up going up the hill in convoys because of no time left.

Well that is my impression of the day anyway.

Regards

Tim

Tim Sharp
PB0685 - Nuneaton

After some went up in convoy, there were single runs again. I went up in The D again

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2019 :  18:43:18  Show Profile
Fantastic weekend again Ian, Thankyou very much for all the hard work prior to and during the event, Steffi and I had a great time and look forwards to next years 10th PWP. :)

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2019 :  19:52:22  Show Profile
Wonderful event. Great collection of cars for the 90th, we should congratulate everyone , amazing to have had so Many in one place. I had three wonderful runs up the hill, loved having passengers, great fun and enjoyed the friendly chats waiting, which was never actually that long.

Very nice contrast to competitive events. Lovely just to have relaxing days out with friends.

Well done all involved.

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2019 :  18:18:48  Show Profile
Many thanks to Ian and his team for a great weekend, and for coping so admirably with the huge turnout.

Tim, As a result of previous experience, Barbara and I went to an early briefing, and then managed three runs up the hill before 10.15am. On each run, we came straight back into the non-existent queue, to go up again within minutes. I hope you'll take this on board, and return next year for some good early runs up the hill. Other than the delays on the hill, what is wrong with a great, friendly crowd, all happy to chat with anyone about their cars, and a fine selection of pre-war (and pre-war designed) cars to admire?

"No more PWP for me if we are going to see that many cars." How can you have too many pre-war cars?

Colin

Crail, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2019 :  12:13:29  Show Profile
Thank you very much for a wonderful weekend, Ian.
Pity about the weather on Friday, but you organised for an improvement on Saturday and by Sunday I had dried out!!
Fifteen M types is not quite a record, but superb nevertheless!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2019 :  14:45:12  Show Profile
Thanks for all the kind comments!

Photos are coming through - here's a good set:

https://photographybyamandajayne.pixieset.com/pwp2019/

Incidentally, entries are now open for 2020 - Saturday 13th June - at http://prewarprescott.com/?page_id=161.

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5994 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2019 :  19:54:42  Show Profile
Aren’t those just fantastic photos? They really capture the spirit and atmosphere of the day.

Many thanks to Jayne and Amanda.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3209 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2019 :  22:46:56  Show Profile
Thank you for not using Photobucket or Dropbox!

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2019 :  10:46:36  Show Profile
Well said Simon. Exceptional collection of photographs. I did not take the PA this year as the dynamo is not charging and I thought it unlikely that I could get through the entire week-end on one charge at home. In view of the massive crowd the thought crossed my mind that I might give the event a miss next year, but having seen the photographs, I have changed my mind and will be there whatever the mode of transport. The atmosphere of the event is absolutely marvellous. Thank you Ian - and Amanda Jayne.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

chapelfarmer

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2019 :  12:43:52  Show Profile
Fully agree about the marvelous photos - many thanks for sharing.
It would be unfortunate if Ian's fantastic achievement in getting so many cars to Prescott might be putting people off coming in future - Prescott is a big site and never felt crowded to us this year. We (extended family) had a sensational day, terrific atmosphere, marvelous selection of cars to see and owners to talk to and 3 runs up the hill, each with different passengers and none with a wait of longer than 10 or 20 minutes. The waiting - in the company of such lovely cars and people - really did not feel like any sort of hardship. Our third run was in a cavalcade which suited me just fine: with no crash helmets, overalls or helicopters on hand I really don't see much point in trying to go faster than is comfortable, especially with children etc all over the place. Bring on the next one!

john
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2019 :  15:13:39  Show Profile
Thanks for the kind comments! This year I had shifts of volunteer marshals in the Paddock managing the queue for the start line. This worked much better than the free-for-all heretofore. However, next year I'm hiring two more professional marshals from the Prescott Marshals Club to manage the Paddock queue - these guys really know what they are doing. This year we had about 275 pre-war cars in the Paddock and about 500 climbs were allocated. I expect about the same numbers in 2020. And I can't wait!
Go to Top of Page

Max Headroom

United Kingdom
292 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2019 :  06:05:35  Show Profile

How did the handful of post-war cars sneak in?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Inside every older person is a younger person – wondering what the hell happened.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2019 :  14:39:10  Show Profile
I permit a handful of post-war cars with pre-war bodywork - MG, Alvis, Morgan. The Octagon Car Club has enthusiastically supported us since the first VMR Prescott in 2003, so I permit post-war T Types. I don't think they detract from the day. This year I did cancel the supercars which we used in the past as course cars and to raise funds for charity by raffling runs in them. And the Harrington coach in the Paddock this year was built in 1950 but similarly sported pre-war style coachwork. It looked absolutely super!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000