Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Airline Registry
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JCB

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2018 :  09:19:56  Show Profile
Dear Forum:

I would like to bring to the forums attention.
The link to the MG Airline Registry is now not working.
The website was not being updated due to the death of original author.
Don't know all the ins and outs of this one.
More to it I am sure.

My question is what can if anything be done.?
This is a small part of the MG Car story and should be preserved .
All the best.

John Bakewell

LewPalmer

USA
3209 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2018 :  15:28:40  Show Profile
I, the originator of the MG Airline Coupe Registry, did not die, that I am aware of. However, we lost the person who was maintaining the web site, and in about 2008, it stopped being updated. Then earlier this year, the web site hosting company went out of business. However, I still maintain a database of all of the 52 MG Airline Coupes. However, when one is sold at auction, rarely do I get to learn of the new owner, so some of the ownership history is lost. But if anyone needs to know any specific details, be it history, technical, or otherwise, I'll do my best to help.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

JCB

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2018 :  17:29:39  Show Profile
Dear Lew and Forum: All alive

Oh DEAR!!!!!
Lew many apologies nothing personal. Honest mistake.
The website has been down for some time and not available for fact
checking.
Plus being on the outside doesn't help either.

So now I have your attention. What is the future?
My knowledge of web-sites is front of house only.
All the best.

John Bakewell
Go to Top of Page

paul55

Luxembourg
728 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2018 :  18:51:32  Show Profile
Lew,

Don’t worry you are in esteemed company, another fellow compatriot had the same problem once….

Mark Twain was once reported as being no longer with us, his response was:

“The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated”,

So you are not the first!!!

Paul,

Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3209 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2018 :  18:54:14  Show Profile
I have no plans to continue the web site. However, I do try to maintain a file on each and every MG Airline Coupe including the chassis file, current ownership, a list of articles where each car is mentioned or featured, and technical information in general, as well as information on the designer - H. W. Allingham. The biggest problem I have is tracking ownership when a car changes hands. Since I have my Airline (PB0560) up for sale, so I don't know how much longer I will continue to maintain the information I have, but everything I do have is available to any other owner for the asking. Franklin (Dick) Sprafke, another Airline owner, probably has a bigger file than I do, so between us, there is lots of information available.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2018 :  20:14:16  Show Profile
John, Lew and all,

Lew does and continues to do wonderful work on behalf of the NAMMMR and in particular to maintain the records of his beloved Airline Coupes.

Our MGCC Triple-M Register - effectively the UK 'mother ship' of the worldwide Triple-M movement - keeps close liaison with Lew and indeed as many of the overseas registrars of affiliated Clubs as possible, with the aim of ensuring that the Register's master database of all Triple-M cars and their owners is fully up to date.

To that end, you may have read in the latest Bulletin that the committee is working to establish clearer lines of communications with all local registrars. The work goes on!

Regardless of that, we do rely on all owners to let us know when they buy or sell a Triple-M car. Please refer to the 'Contacts' page of our website where you will find the name and contact details of the registrars who look after the various MMM model types. They will be only too pleased to hear from you!

If any owner would like to be able to access their personal details and their car/s details as held on our main Register database, please contact me or our Registrar co-ordinator Barny Creaser.

We are here to help, but we need you too!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2018 :  12:07:45  Show Profile
I have deleted the link.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page