Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Pub Meets and Natters
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2019 :  10:55:33  Show Profile
Some of us still have a 9 - 5 job!

Lunchtime 'MG jollies' would give rise to howls of derision from work colleagues.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

chapelfarmer

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2019 :  10:57:30  Show Profile
Sorry not to be able to join in the enthusiasm for lunchtime meetings but I work full time. My local VSCC meeting has become a lunchtime thing now so I can't go any more. I do notice that people of my generation are a lot less interested in our sorts of car than I am - is this maybe a problem brewing for the (not very distant) future? Weekday daytime meetings can't help.

Fortunately my local meetings of 'that Register' are still held in the evenings and are a great opportunity for people like me to ask questions / learn from more experienced people. In the summer months they take place mainly in the car park, which is great. Daytime meetings would be great on a Saturday but they never seem to happen then for some reason.

John

john
Go to Top of Page

JCB

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2019 :  13:39:44  Show Profile
Dear Forum and Salary men:

Having been a salary man and parent I am ever mindful of having missing stuff out.
A quick look at meeting dates and times bears the weekday majority
point.
So relax little chance of much change.
Tyranny of the majority in action.

John Bakewell
Go to Top of Page

David R

United Kingdom
289 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2019 :  20:57:31  Show Profile
Even further north than the Yorkshire 24/39 Group is the MGCC Tyne-Tees Centre with a monthly evening natter in both Northern and Southern sections and a full calendar of events on and off the road. We have recently also started a monthly Breakfast meeting - 10.30ish at chosen cafes,garden centres etc.which is proving very popular.
Unfortunately MMM cars are rather thin on the ground (or rather on the road) as my J2 seems to be the only one actually running locally at present,although I am aware of at least a dozen in various states from immaculate but for sale to chassis hung on the garage wall.
However,we do also have a rare TA Tickford and an even rarer WA Coupe,both in superb condition.
From time to time we also try to get some of the MMM owners together on an informal basis to talk over a bit of lunch and review rebuild progress or otherwise.

David

J 3355

Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2019 :  21:02:38  Show Profile
The Club's Council is now being urged to resume the compilation of information about Natters in general. It would be nice if lists could be nuanced in some way so as to signal which car types predominate at these events, or might that be seen as a bit divisive?.....

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
633 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  08:20:48  Show Profile
I would have thought that unnecessary. That would only serve to immediately make people think they might not be welcome or the group not meant for them. My experience of such get togethers is a range of car owners makes for quite a healthy group..

Again, my two penne'th (that makes fourpence now..)

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  12:39:23  Show Profile
Would there I wonder be any interest in a Sat/Sun gathering here in East Hertfordshire in your triple M car in a field I have for a bring your own picnic get together afternoon?

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

chapelfarmer

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  13:41:12  Show Profile
Hi Richard
Yes please.
John (near Puckeridge - there's a real lack of pre-war opportunities around here!)

john
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  18:50:15  Show Profile
OK John well I am planning similar to above maybe May ,June July if there is a bit more interest I will do a dedicated thread with dates and ask for hands up. You are all of 4 miles away !! Bring you own food & drink and chairs car gathering in a rural spot .

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2019 :  20:07:20  Show Profile
Our good Triple-M friend Rob Dunstervile will be visiting the UK from Australia in late April and May. He asks whether there will be any Triple-M events in Cornwall during May and/or any Natters as well.

As this thread has revealed there are several ad hoc Natters as well as some more'official' ones around the country - but can anyone please say whether there are any Triple-M flavoured ones in the SW, inc Cornwall, so that we can get back to Rob with something to offer?

Thanks

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2019 :  22:04:49  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

Our good Triple-M friend Rob Dunstervile will be visiting the UK from Australia in late April and May. He asks whether there will be any Triple-M events in Cornwall during May and/or any Natters as well.

As this thread has revealed there are several ad hoc Natters as well as some more'official' ones around the country - but can anyone please say whether there are any Triple-M flavoured ones in the SW, inc Cornwall, so that we can get back to Rob with something to offer?

Thanks

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Maybe contact Rob Constant. Rob runs the North Cornwall MGCC Natter which has several MMM Owners / enthusiasts attending I believe :)

I would also suggest VSCC Wiscombe as well in Devon as a great day out :)

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Edited by - colintf on 14/03/2019 22:05:58
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2019 :  06:51:57  Show Profile
I have put you on the mailing list John you and you J2 will be most welcome. We have pencilled in mid May, mid June and last week in July as probable.

quote:
Originally posted by chapelfarmer

Hi Richard
Yes please.
John (near Puckeridge - there's a real lack of pre-war opportunities around here!)

john

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

chapelfarmer

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2019 :  08:23:43  Show Profile
Those look great Richard, I probably wont be able to make the midweek one unfortunately but am hoping that I'll be in UK for June 15th - a week ahead of Herts VSCC Tour so bodes well for Summer! Will confirm nearer the time as you suggest
Thanks again
John

john
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2019 :  08:49:35  Show Profile
Thanks Colin, a good lead!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2019 :  10:52:53  Show Profile
Any of you will be welcome just make yourself known for details of gatherings mid May , mid June and late July

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hinton

Would there I wonder be any interest in a Sat/Sun gathering here in East Hertfordshire in your triple M car in a field I have for a bring your own picnic get together afternoon?

Richard Hinton

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000