Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Harry E.W. Walker - PB0675 - XG 3842
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2019 :  12:54:42  Show Profile
On behalf of his 80 year old widowed Mum, Richard Bryett is trying to see if he can find the above car which, according to the database, is currently with one Harry Walker. The database also says it was for sale in 2003 and the two pics on it date back to 1997 and 1999, so it may have moved on to another owner again. Can anyone on here help?

Here's Richard's own enquiry:
"This is a picture of my mother and father in 1957 on their wedding day.

Next to them is Maggie, my father’s 1936 MG PB, which he sprayed white just for the wedding. She was originally Oxford and Cambridge blue.

My mother is now 80 and a widow, and I thought how nice it would be to try and trace where Maggie is now. Or perhaps Maggie is no more...

We know Maggie was shipped to New Zealand in 1964, and fully restored, as in 1988 the owner wrote to my father and they exchanged some correspondence and photographs. Those of Maggie in her blue livery date from 1971 in Auckland.

In those letters the owner mentions the possibility of returning to the UK with the car, hoping that the DVLA would allow him to re-register Maggie with her original licence plate, XG 3842

A check on the DVLA site today indeed shows a blue MG PB with licence plate XG 3842 was last taxed 31 May 2004.

Where is she now? That’s what I hope someone out there could shed some light on!"

(From the database)

(From Richard's post on Facebook)

(From Richard's post on Facebook)

Cheers
Cat

Geoff.Broadhead

New Zealand
27 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2019 :  21:47:01  Show Profile
Cathelijne,

I can confirm that this PB left NZ with Harry Walker when he returned to UK. Not sure the year - before my time out here - but some in MGCC still remember him. Harry owned a workshop in South Auckland. He also owned a J2 -J2828 before the PB

Cheers

Geoff Broadhead
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2019 :  16:21:19  Show Profile
Sadly Harry Walker passed away a few years ago, but the car had been previously sold after being temporarily fitted with a Minor 1000 engine. It has possibly gone to the Netherlands, but alas the trail has gone cold.

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  18:03:23  Show Profile

PB0675 was fitted with engine number 902APB.

As a matter of interest would that engine still exist?

Brian.
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  18:22:36  Show Profile
Brian, yes that engine does still exist. It was replaced as a temporary measure but got separated from the car after sale and is now in a PB in Norway.

Regards,
Graham

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 02/04/2019 18:23:31
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000