Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Where have all the young people gone?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  19:42:14  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Green

Colin,

I also had trouble opening the link, I got the following error message 'Sorry there was a problem loading this video'

However I discovered if I clicked 'Download' top left hand corner just below 'One Drive' and waited about 30 seconds for it to download it could be viewed by clicking the icon in the bottom left hand corner.

Peter

Many thanks Peter

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  19:44:02  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Onno

Wonderful sight though I find myself slightly jealous of an 11 year old.... ;)

Onno "D" Könemann

What a great start to M.G. life

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  20:01:36  Show Profile
Young Peter seemed to be begging Grandpa to make another racing special after taking a liking to this!! Or was that me begging Grandpa to make another special!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
651 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  15:07:18  Show Profile
Good luck to all youngsters who have grown up in MMM [& others] families. The cars have always been around & are part of their life.

The real issue here is attracting new younger [probably under 50 years old] people to our cause.

Any guesses to the average age of the attendees at the Summer Gathering ??

Most of us came to old cars in the 60's & 70's because they were cheap and made a change from an old Mini or a Morris Minor.

As I see it the main issues are cost & fear !!!
Go to Top of Page

chapelfarmer

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  16:02:52  Show Profile
I dropped my j2 at the Silverstone thing yesterday. Only one other MMM In attendance I’m afraid (immeasurably more glamorous, dramatic, correct and exciting than mine!) . This would have been a chance to make a connection between the cars and a lot of - presumably under 50, picking up on the post above - motoring enthusiasts I thought, but much more bothersomely - for me at least - conversations with fellow MGCC people did seem to indicate that they think of us as a very different thing and not something they expect to grow into(!!). This despite the fact that they were generally the same sort of age as me (or older..). I’m 57 . I grew interested via midgets sprites mgc austin Healeys etc. Is that route somehow less clear now for some reason?
I’ve given my not-needed weekend tickets to people on condition they bring someone under 20, show them the K3 in the paddock and explain why Silverstone exists!

john
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2019 :  17:59:41  Show Profile
I've tried but they all want to get in it together

I even took it to my grandchildren's school.

Note the plastic under the car, the headmistress didn't want anything nasty on her playground.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5999 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2019 :  17:52:49  Show Profile
It’s all very well encouraging the youngsters to drive our cars but they have to know their place and start at the bottom and work their way up Here’s number four grandson vacuuming out the trailer - equivalent, I suppose, to sweeping the factory floor - before loading the J2 for Pre War Prescott.

Unfortunately, the fitted carpet didn’t arrive in time

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Digby

United Kingdom
126 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2019 :  07:38:08  Show Profile
The benefit of a four seater! 3 generations of MG fans.

Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2019 :  10:59:32  Show Profile
great photo Digby :)

Colin Murrell
D0285
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000