Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 No more GB plates!
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

merlinart

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2021 :  21:18:22  Show Profile
I suspect it is merely to remind us as subjects (and not citizens), that we must pay lip service and show our European friends (as the current incumbents disingenuously like to call them) that they/we are attempting to prevent the glaringly obvious, that is, that our Scottish friends and Northern Irish friends, might just make a break for it in due course! My view is leave it as it is...in regards to the GB sticker/plate, but I'm an ardent republican all the same.
Go to Top of Page

Vitesse

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2021 :  22:15:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Oz34

Someone told me Lew that it's 111 years. Certainly long before any of us, and particularly our government who I understand decided, were even thought of. Change for change's sake or to put it his way, "Taking back control".

Dave

It's the same agenda as all those union flags which have mysteriously started appearing in Conservative MPs' Zoom calls when being interviewed on TV. Patriot though she was, I suspect even Mrs T wouldn't have gone that far in similar circumstances.

This seems to have been Grant Shapps' idea (I suppose it was inevitable he'd come up with one eventually). I'm sure he'd have liked to change our international aircraft registration from G to UK as well; those are actually administered by the US FAA and just last year they allocated UK to Uzbekistan!
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
960 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2021 :  06:51:26  Show Profile
I thought this was a forum about MMM cars?
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3350 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2021 :  11:59:37  Show Profile
I agree John. This thread is now closed.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000