Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 AAR 638
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2022 :  20:58:15  Show Profile
Alastair Gillespie enquired after this car in the VSCC Enthusiasts group on Facebook the other day, saying it's a six cylinder M.G. built by Ted Lund in the 1950s, later believed to have been owned by J.A. Allday. The registration number isn't on the database. No one on Facebook seemed to know anything more other than that it may be a mix between an Alta and an M.G., so let's give it a try here! Ray perhaps?

Cheers
Cat

In a world where you can be anything - be kind.

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2022 :  17:38:57  Show Profile
Hi Cat. An interesting looking special . However , l have looked through all the stuff I have on Ted Lund , which is not a lot , and can find no reference to him building this car.
He was , as we know , an out and out MG enthusiast but can find no link to this MG engined special .
In the 1950s he was very much involved racing a TD and an MGA and there is no record of him racing this special .
Looking closely at the picture it does seem to have a manual E N V gearbox fitted which would mate up nicely with an N type engine but nothing on the dashboard or the steering wheel seems to be MG .
Always willing to be proved wrong but I don’t think there is any connection to Ted Lund.
Happy New Year to you and Thijs . Ray
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2022 :  21:43:10  Show Profile
Thanks, Ray, will forward!

Love to you and Barbara and all good things for the new year!

Cheers
Cat

In a world where you can be anything - be kind.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000