Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 JB854
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Johnball

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2024 :  13:44:50  Show Profile
Whilst recently at Brooklands, someone came to talk to me and asked if I could investigate if the MG registration JB854 still exists and whether they could be put in contact with the current owner ? It looks to me like a K series tourer ? The photo is the persons late Mother and Father, he thinks taken in about late 1950’s early 1960’s.
Always nice to find history and connect people together.

PeterL

United Kingdom
1711 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2024 :  14:57:11  Show Profile
John

This is my father's car, K0255. He owned it from 1938 till around 1954 when it broke down at the start of the family holiday and my mother put her foot down.

He sold it to a friend in London and I wonder if it is him in the photograph. It would be very kind if you could put me in touch just in case. If I keep writing this I might remember the name...

We tried to find the car in 1969 but the search led to a scrapyard in Durham and we bought instead the F salonette I still have.

We had moved to Norwich and Pa used it to go to London on business occasionally. It must have been a wonderful drive. He always came back with a pheasant!

He rebuilt the car after the war. In the photo the car looks as it was when he had finished, headlights and spotlight, and windscreen, glass flat at the bottom just as he made them. The rear bore a passing resemblance to a Fiat Ballila so designed that it would hold the family trunk.

There was a sniff of this car a few years ago but nothing came of it.

I have a feeling Pa's friend's name was Cadwallader... Is this him in the photo? Did they buy it from him?

Pa died in 2004, he would have loved to have seen this!

Very best wishes

P
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1711 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2024 :  15:02:29  Show Profile
Wrong! Not Cadwallader but Hidson, according to my pa's notes

and the car was originally 2 tone red according to Bob Clare.

And it was of course the Works Demonstrator.

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

Johnball

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2024 :  22:04:04  Show Profile
I have now been able to connect these two people together. Great to find history.

Sometimes you can be lucky with history research.

I have now found within the last year, 4 more owners from 1950’s to 1970’s of my own KN0267 - still need late 40’s to early 50’s, which will be hard.
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1711 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2024 :  07:49:15  Show Profile
Thank you John.

I look forward to hearing from him.

P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly