Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 ENV Gearbox N0. 1294 Question
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sam christie

United Kingdom
3059 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  09:43:14  Show Profile
Does the ENV gearbox in the following pictures look familiar to anyone? There may be an interesting story to tell.Does ENV No. 1294 look familiar?

Sam

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2143 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2010 :  10:32:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hardy

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hardy

I thought I recognised this photo.

This gearbox No 1294 is being offered for sale for £1200 on Craigslist auction listing site and it is "apparently" located in Elgin.

ENV gearbox no. 1294 was recently purchased (prior) by Steve Baker at that MMM Welsh giveaway auction.

This current 'seller' of this gearbox is a Mr Paul Miele (d3fender_74@hotmail.com) who it would appear wants a bank transfer / money gram up front and is unable to answer any questions about the gearbox or confirm his specific address. He can however email photos on this actual gearbox.

So where did he obtain the photos? Well when the gearbox was recently advertised on Ebay, this scammer made contact with the ebay seller claiming he had a similar gearbox he was trying to identify and requested more photos of the gearbox. The legitimate Ebayer forwarded these. The gearbox was then sold through Ebay and now lives in Japan although the purchaser has since sold it on again but still in Japan.

The photos this Craiglists 'seller' now emails out including the description are those belonging to the previous ebay seller. This 'seller' has never seen this gearbox in the flesh, let alone owned it.This person has now been reported to Trading Standards as well as the Police. He may have now also been barred by Craiglists

Just shows how on the ball we have to be with latest scams.

Rich

Vintage MG Parts

Vintage MG Parts

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3059 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2010 :  21:39:06  Show Profile
Well done Richard.This was just the kind of thing I suspected.By the way the mystery 'seller' I dealt with claims to be Massimo Muller and to quote his email .......

".....in this case please do a moneygram wire transfer payment. the funds will arrive to me in 5minutes
my payment details are:
Massimo Muller
14 Dunbar St
Hopeman
Elgin, IV30 5TD....."

Now it could be that he just happens to have an ENV gearbox with the same serial number as the one in Japan.

Any members know anyone in the Grampian Police?

Sam
Go to Top of Page

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2010 :  16:20:12  Show Profile
I've sold Lotus parts via advertisements to a number of owners in England - I live in Scotland and local members of the Lotus Owners Club have been round to look them over before any cash changes hands. Elgin is rather a long way from where I live but I would be more than prepared to inspect and forward on photos of any MMM parts purchased in the central belt of Scotland.

Cheers

Jan T
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
988 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2010 :  20:09:20  Show Profile
Although Hopeman is further than I would want to go without fuel money, I'm probably nearer than most of you, so if it's important let me know and I'll see what I can do. I'm probably near enough (Montrose) to make a credible bluff, ie tell the seller you have arranged for me to check it out and see what the response is!

Colin.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000