Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Cars Being Sold on the Website
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
532 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2013 :  09:27:56  Show Profile
Hi to all.

It seems that this amazing Spring weather we are having in the UK is creating interest in most of the cars that continue to come up for sale on this website and on others. Please can I appeal for both vendors and purchasers of cars to keep me up to date with transactions. The next edition of the printed register will be finalised quite soon so I'd like to keep the database as accurate as possible.

robin.hamblett@gmail.com

Many thanks

Robin

J2 J3666 & J3 3764

Edited by - DickMorbey on 19/06/2018 20:31:33

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
936 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2013 :  17:58:53  Show Profile
It is a pity that this appeal has not been followed up, since members of this forum are quite possibly the most active market place and source of wisdom when MMM cars are on the market.

Right now there are 2 highly respected C types on the market. One advertised in the VSCC magazine by a well respected member, and the other here:

http://www.kidston.com/kidston-cars/2461/1932-MG-%E2%80%98Montlh%C3%A9ry-Midget%E2%80%99-C-Type

hopefully by adding these to the listing the cars will retain their active life with one of our active readers.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2013 :  18:04:04  Show Profile
C0291 sold at least 2 months ago
Go to Top of Page

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  22:10:53  Show Profile
Hi Robin, I'm about to buy a restored J2 that has NEVER been on the register (unbelievable really). I'll report all the numbers to you once it's in my possession, or anyway if I don't get it.

Yours, Barry W.
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1623 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  09:46:59  Show Profile
Barry not that surprising really. There are lots of Triple M cars out there which are not on the Register. I know of quite a lot of cars, 6 of which are in one ownership, that are not registered. There are I believe also a number of cars which were previously on the Register but were removed a few years ago because they had not been heard of for many years. One such car is my old PB which was removed from the Register but I assume must still exists somewhere.

TH
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  10:20:41  Show Profile
Not wishing to detract from the excellent work that Robin H. & Bob Clare before him do, in my humble opinion all cars that at some time have been known to the Register at some time should still be listed in the register. Wording appropriate to current knowledge of the car could be put in the right hand column , even if ,for example , the car was last heard of many years ago.
Having said this I assume I am right that some are not listed as I cannot immediately give chassis numbers etc. to support my argument. If I am wrong I apologise.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1475 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  15:24:44  Show Profile
The reason that a number of apparently dormant entries were culled from the published Registers, was I think, a matter of keeping the current Register to a workable or perhaps, saleable, size. I think I am right in saying that all those entries culled, are still recorded in a separate file somewhere, and if so, could well be re-introduced at a later date, if this was considered " a good thing".

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  20:20:20  Show Profile
Hi Robin and all.
Every single car known to, or previously known to the register , should be included in the register, otherwise it is not a true register. It is MOST unlikely that any car known of in the last 30 years will have been scr@pped, by which I mean the chassis & number destroyed forever.
Even with every car ever known included, it cannot be un-workable, and if it gets thick, or more expensive to produce, charge more for it. It is remarkable value anyway.
The Bentley Drivers' Club register lists every Bentley known to be in existence, and although it takes a smaller format (that we could use) is perfectly workable and a wonderful source of reference.
Go forth Robin...and multiply!!!

(You are welcome, whenever you have time, to go through the 800 MMMs that are recorded in my sales books).

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5945 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  20:38:47  Show Profile
Is there any reason why the register needs to be published in a physical form? Since the information contained in it is not deemed confidential, why not just make it available online and then as much information as is known can be included at no cost?
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  09:38:24  Show Profile
Sorry Simon I don't agree. I find it very pleasurable, when spotting a MMM car in an advert, article, photograph or whatever, to pick up my copy of the register to look up the car.I then invariably end up browsing the register for the umpteenth time. Much more enjoyable than scrolling some list on the computer. Then I'm old fashioned, I still buy books and magazines ![:)
Graham
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5945 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  12:02:50  Show Profile
Books and magazines? What are they
Go to Top of Page

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  14:01:58  Show Profile
I agree with Barry. I have been Registrar for the NZ VCC for nearly 19 elected years. I instituted a Vehicle ID database system that now has complete details of currently 8995 vehicles, that includes past owners, old images, current images, copies of ownership (keeper) details and even some manuals that owners have provided, all electronically recorded in Access, PDF and Excel formats. Currently this information is copied to a memory stick that I hold using 9 GB of data.

We do have office staff to complete the data entry. If a vehicle gets destroyed or sold overseas or sold to a non member we keep the records intact marked accordingly.

The database is searchable in any format from all fields that may be required, i.e. if we want details of how many brown cars are listed we can get this information.

A Registrars job and tasks are a constant busy activity that I find very rewarding.

RodB NZ

Edited by - rodb on 05/10/2013 14:04:21
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  15:19:01  Show Profile
Another quick comment from a Greek Is. The 2013 register does exist in electronic form and can be bought (yes bought, not given away for free!) from the Register library for a modest sum.

Unlike Rob's setup, the Triple-M Register has no staff, no office or other facilities other than those our committee and other friends generously volunteer for free. We are not in this to make money, being content to cover our costs and retain a modest balance for the Register. It does mean that even in this electronic age, not everything can be free!

I know this is all old info for many of you but I make no apology for repeating it.

Must dash, there's a sunset to watch!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743

Edited by - DickMorbey on 05/10/2013 15:26:23
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3314 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  17:36:10  Show Profile
I believe there is now less of an argument for not making the list available on-line than there was in the past. I will raise the issue for the Committee to ponder under the umbrella of website development.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  21:32:30  Show Profile
Put the register on line if that is wanted but PLEASE do not scr@p the printed version. I support fully what Graham Holdsworth has said.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000