Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Cars wanted
 Not sure what I want
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hamishcb

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2015 :  18:29:59  Show Profile
Can someone help please? I have an MGC GT, but want something old and interesting to keep it to company. I do not want something to polish and stand in a field - I fancy something which I can trial or hill climb for fun, but also take down to the pub. Budget means that anything with 6 cylinders is probably out, and having sat in one I think the size of my feet means that an M type is out - Oh, and I don't want a box of bits. So, is there anyone out there with a solid and reliable pre-war something that I can have some fun with. I don't want something that could enter a concours. I live on the surrey sussex border but am quite happy to travel for the right car, including to Europe. If anyone has any views on the respective merits of different models I would be grateful to read them.

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2015 :  15:36:22  Show Profile
Hi Hamish

Welcome to the Triple-M Forum the definitive source for info on all matters relating to our lovely ohc MGs.

You may have noted we also have a Yearbook and Bulletin, the subscription form for the latter can be downloaded from the Documents section of this web site.

I do hope you will fined a suitable car. Have you looked on the cars for sale page?

An MGC GT and a Triple-m car make for a very nice pairing. I used to own such a car but now enjoy a BGTV8.

George
Hon Sec
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 23/06/2015 15:37:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000