Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 Glasgow Police cars
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

MJM20

United Kingdom
111 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2015 :  16:10:41  Show Profile
May I speak for Lancastrians. We are ok folk,
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2015 :  12:03:00  Show Profile
Is it true what is said about Lancastrians (or is it Yorkshiremen ?). That they are just as good as Scotsmen but with all the generosity squeezed out of them !!

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Joe S

Switzerland
22 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2015 :  13:17:41  Show Profile
Colin,
It's not true and I think it's not relevant to this thread.

Joe
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1544 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2015 :  19:21:56  Show Profile
Long live a little humour on the forum..........now and then!!

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

Joe S

Switzerland
22 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2015 :  20:50:18  Show Profile
Oh, was that humour? Apologies! (I'm a Yorkshireman). I liked the modified photo, though.

Joe
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2015 :  14:33:06  Show Profile
I have looked at "M.G.s on Patrol" by Andrea Green, this shows that 8 PAs were used by Glasgow Police, colours black/blue. Five of the cars have survived which is a very good survival rate.

The book also lists 4 KNs used by Glasgow Police, colour duo blue/blue. Two have survived as - yes K3 Replicas! They would be a little faster than in their previous life as saloons and thus enabled the Police to catch more villains!

My old NB 2 seater was ex Wiltshie Police and was coloured black/blue so it would appear this was the standard livery for Police cars. It is the only survivor of three supplied, I know one was written off in France when being driven by the Chief Constable's son. A period picture of one of the cars shows almost bald front tyres.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 29/09/2015 14:39:49
Go to Top of Page

Wild Bill

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2015 :  11:45:58  Show Profile
Which of the two are now K3 Replicas?
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2015 :  10:32:36  Show Profile
The two surviving cars are KN0447 and KN0450.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2017 :  12:29:34  Show Profile
Two years on, this topic has helped an old and very ill man trace his beloved MG. A few days ago Cat Spoelstra contacted me to see if I had found the PA in the first picture. She has spotted on Facebook Mike Findlay's request for more info on a car his father Gordon used to own. Mike had spotted this thread, recognising the registration, and as his father is dying, he wanted to get any up-to-date information on the car as quickly as possible.

In the two years that have passed since this thread started, I have got to know Derek Smith, the current owner of PA1469, US7906. During that time I've been unable to see the PA, as it has been in storage elsewhere. Prompted by Cat's email, I've contacted Derek again, and he has confirmed that only a month ago he set about rebuilding this car. Unfortunately he has no current photos, and the chassis and body are now in separate places, not convenient for photos. However, Mike is pleased to know that his father's car is still around, and being taken care of, and has passed this on to his father, who is now in hospital. We are still trying to find any photos of US7906, which lived near Edinburgh up till 1991.

It's good to know that some closure has been brought to Gordon Findlay through this forum.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591

Edited by - Colin McLachlan on 23/09/2017 12:30:25
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: