Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Brands Hatch Preview
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2017 :  21:58:47  Show Profile
Dick,
If the weather is reasonable I will be there in my M type but no hood and rain means a grumpy Mrs D.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2017 :  22:10:03  Show Profile
Hello Keith

The forecast seems OK - dry at least! On which day/s might we see you?

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2017 :  22:27:56  Show Profile
Probably only Sunday for the action!!
Keith
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2017 :  14:27:35  Show Profile

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  10:13:24  Show Profile
Any news / photos from the weekend ?
graham
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  10:37:09  Show Profile
Graham, there are loads on Facebook - will try to get some up here soon

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  10:47:22  Show Profile
Must be my fb problem, looked but no notifications.( saw your pre race pics but nothing since ! )

Edited by - graham holdsworth on 01/05/2017 10:50:00
Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  11:24:58  Show Profile
My thanks go to all you intrepid Triple M racers. It was a fabulous spectacle and the cars looked, sounded and smelt fantastic. A shame that the races were foreshortened but from my perspective it was all very worthwhile. Just a shame that I didn't manage to persuade Mrs D to travel in the M type as we knew it was going to rain on the way home.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  11:47:09  Show Profile
Here is a link to the tsl timing website on which you can see all the stats of practice, grid formation and the results of the two races on a 'first past the post' classification.

http://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=MGCC/2017/171753mmm.pdf

The Mary Harris Trophy is decided on a handicap basis and here is the handicapper's Result sheet. A delighted Andrew Taylor, driving K3011 won the Trophy, followed by John Seber in the PA Lund Special and Harry Painter in the PA Special.

Hearty congratulations go to them and all the competitors with special thanks to Mark Dolton for his inspirational promotion and organisation of the the event. Spare a thought for Duncan Potter and his C-type; both suffered a bruising at the McLaren/Clearways corner, quite possibly caused by track conditions at that spot. Fortunately Duncan is unscathed but C0287 will required some tlc .....

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  12:18:50  Show Profile
Wow what a weekend! Thanks to everyone who made it possible, drivers, mechanics, BBQ chefs, MGCC, Triple-M register, Baynton Jones, Race Partners, family, friends.....and of course a very special thank you to the wonderful Marshalls and Medics who were so quick to react to our incident. All a bit of an emotional roller coaster. Thanks for all that persuaded me to get back on the horse for race 2.

Duncan is luckily ok, just bruising, back home and taking it easy. I m sure he will be intouch very soon. Thanks for all the messages of support.

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3226 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  15:37:13  Show Profile
What an fantastic display put on by Mark and fellow drivers. Thanks to all.

I am pleased to note that Duncan Potter is on the mend.

Well done to Andrew on winning the Mary Harris Trophy, another milestone added to the history of such a famous car. Photo attached.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 01/05/2017 15:38:44
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1624 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  17:45:57  Show Profile
Just a couple of my wifes pics from yesterday to give a flavour of a great day.

TH
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  17:58:01  Show Profile
Yes, a thoroughly enjoyable weekend, with an excellent turnout of competitors , friends and spectators. It was really good to meet up with so many of the registers 'old and bold' who turned up to see the fun. One never knows , some of them may now be tempted to dust off the helmet and come back and join us . Really good to see the large number of K3s and C types , both competing and spectating . The social side was excellent , too with an outstanding barbeque on the Saturday and a sumptious lunch on the Sunday. Only a couple of gripes : the standard of driving ( not in our races ) was pretty poor , leaving many badly damaged cars , and producing more red flags than you would see at a Communist Party rally. Both our races were red-flagged too, sadly , one by an unavoidable accident , t'other not so. And the second gripe is that someone must have worked really hard to produce trophies of such hideous appearance and uselessness , even worse than last years. At least last years could be put in the metal scrap , but this year's are totally unrecyclable. However it has been pointed out that they can be used as a door stop or wheel chock. Maybe next year ( if we are invited back) the Register could produce our own.
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1624 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  18:00:38  Show Profile
And another
All packed in...

TH
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  21:53:26  Show Profile
Thanks to Thijs and the rest of his team for getting me to an "appropriate" AA collection point to get me home,made it all very easy.Conveniently it was a pub car park as well ,don't know how that could have happened!!Thanks to Foz for letting me drive the Rat as well,Oliver
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000