Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Chassis file details
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

agn178

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2017 :  05:47:22  Show Profile
I decided it was about time to try and research the source details of my J2 having seen various posts on the topic here. On 27th February last I contacted MGCC Office at Abingdon about the possibility of obtaining details of the original chassis file.
To date I am still waiting for that information to come. Am I being too impatient or is this timescale quite normal?

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2017 :  05:52:02  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by agn178

I decided it was about time to try and research the source details of my J2 having seen various posts on the topic here. On 27th February last I contacted MGCC Office at Abingdon about the possibility of obtaining details of the original chassis file.
To date I am still waiting for that information to come. Am I being too impatient or is this timescale quite normal?

They have been really busy with MG Live, but maybe it's worth contacting them by telephone ?

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2017 :  07:17:13  Show Profile
Colin is correct,

By far the best thing is to call (01235) 555552 and ask for either John Hutchinson or Peter Neal. The club charges a nominal sum for this service for MGCC members. Nonmembers pay a little more.. Good luck.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2017 :  07:25:15  Show Profile
I recently heard the "nominal charge" has gone up to £50 whether it's 1 page chassis file or 50 pages and that was to a member not public

Edited by - O.Thomas on 23/06/2017 07:28:43
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2017 :  08:30:50  Show Profile
News to me Oliver - I will enquire.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2017 :  08:43:18  Show Profile
Was told "from the horses mouth" by the man who asked for a file Dick.
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2017 :  12:10:59  Show Profile
Recently (not yet two months ago) emailed Chris for two service files and received both within a manner of weeks. They each were about 25 pounds as both were large files.

Go to Top of Page

agn178

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2017 :  14:23:59  Show Profile
Chris was my contact @ MGCC. on 27 Feb; reminder emailed on 16May when it was going to be put on the top of his pile!
Not holding my breath any more.
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
1949 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2017 :  15:10:08  Show Profile
I also paid £50 for my file and that was some time ago. I was very pleased to receive it at the time but perhaps in retrospect a little expensive?

Chris.

Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2017 :  15:28:31  Show Profile
Colin is correct,

By far the best thing is to call (01235) 555552 and ask for either John Hutchinson or Peter Neal. The club charges a nominal sum for this service for MGCC members. Nonmembers pay a little more.. Good luck.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2017 :  15:32:18  Show Profile
Not sure why my posting has repeated itself, but a question has been raised with the Club's General Manger seeking confirmation of the tariff that applies for all chargeable Club services offered to members and non members.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

treetops

Netherlands
284 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2017 :  18:01:27  Show Profile
Asked Chris K.in November for chassis files. Received an email that there were urgent club commitments so had no time to answer my requeast.
In february I wrote again , no reply. Then in April I phoned and Chis promised to look into it. Noreply.
Then I wrote to the Club general Manager,,no reply.
I mentioned this to the president John Day (thank you John) and next week I had a reply from the club manager.
Is the club there for me? I have my doubts......
Go to Top of Page

agn178

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2017 :  09:45:54  Show Profile
Thoroughly agree with Treetops final comment.
I'm no-one special, just one of the relatively few who have the privilege ow owning an MG.
I pay my (fairly) expensive annual subscription to MGCC for what?
A monthly quick read magazine, regular drops of lots of bumph re MG live! and to me, a website so confusing (to me) I can't be bothered to learn and use.
The only really tangible benefit to me is the privilege of affiliation to this Register

I've no objection to paying a fair price for a service. I am disappointed when this is not delivered.
Were it not for the fact I really want to know about my car I would be giving up right now
Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
698 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2017 :  10:07:09  Show Profile
I am afraid that I tend to agree with Derek's comments despite having been an MGCC member for over 50 years. The Triple Register is the only reason that I continue my membership. I also had an untimely response after prompts over a couple of months of silence from Chris K last year who seemed unsure what an M type was! Sadly no information was held on my cars.
Keith

Edited by - Keith Durston on 24/06/2017 10:08:48
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1626 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2017 :  10:07:48  Show Profile
"The only really tangible benefit to me is the privilege of affiliation to this Register"

Derek I agree and expect that your words sum up the views of many.

TH
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm Eades

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2017 :  10:27:44  Show Profile
Dick,

I hope you have also brought to General Manager Adam Sloman's attention these two examples of a lapse in service standards. Failure to reply to members' enquiries or service requests will quickly undermine any attempts to expand the membership. Does the office have agreed standards for reply to inward communications? If they are swamped with other work, what is causing this? If it is MG Live, then there should at least be the courtesy of a holding reply on the lines of "In the run-up to MG Live we are unable to deal with your enquiry immediately but you will receive a full reply by (DATE)." If exceptional resources are needed for the MG Live preparations, should we not be drafting in temporary help, so that there is no interruption to normal services?

As regards the cost of getting copy chassis files, this is a unique service, so I think it is fair to charge more than a nominal fee but for members it should represent no more than a recovery of cost. There is a basic time cost of going to the archive to recover the file and then replacing it after use, then there are the variable costs of copying pages and mailing them to inland or overseas destinations. So my preference would be for a basic search fee then a copying fee per page + mail at cost. This would be easily understood and would not come across as arbitrary. If it is policy to supply this information to non-members, then a differential price including a profit is clearly justified. Maybe the equivalent of a year's membership?

Malcolm
M Type

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000