Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Road Trailer for M-Type Buy or Hire
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Haine

United Kingdom
208 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2017 :  11:26:15  Show Profile
I need to find a small car transporter trailer suitable for an M-Type,narrow enough for the 3ft measurement between tyres, with a 9ft or 10ft bed
This is to get the car to the Kurnow Wheals event in early October.
If yours is not for sale, how about hiring it out for 1st to 10th October? I live near Haslemere in Surrey, which means I could collect it from up to 150 miles away (more if for sale). John

PimL1

Netherlands
111 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2017 :  12:57:38  Show Profile
John,
Why not using an A frame.
Curious? Send me a mail and I can send pictures.

Pim
L1/0491
Go to Top of Page

PimL1

Netherlands
111 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2017 :  13:09:17  Show Profile
John,
Why not using an A frame.
Curious? Send me a mail and I can send pictures.

Pim
L1/0491
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2017 :  17:04:38  Show Profile
John,
In the past I've used Trident Trailers in Maidstone. Along with covered trailers they also have flat bed trailers which are ideal for our narrow wheel base cars.

https://www.tridenttowing.co.uk/trailer-hire-enquiry-form-please-scroll-down-to-see-all-trailers-available-i35

Tim
Go to Top of Page

John Haine

United Kingdom
208 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2017 :  10:33:50  Show Profile
Thank you all for your comments. I have used an A-frame in the past, but since I had the steering box fitted with new bushes I have a problem with the wheels not centreing properly after a sharp left turn, causing tyre scrub and probably not doing the steering box much good. Right turns are no problem and the steering is fine when driving. Meanwhile I have been very kindly offered the use of a trailer for Cornwall, but I still need advice re steering box setup which I am transferring to a post in the Technical Advice forum. John
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5983 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2017 :  10:46:39  Show Profile
Another option is to use a van. A long wheel base Ford Transit or similar will take an M or a cycle wing J2. The loading height is about 60-65 cms so a set of 3 metre ramps should do the trick and they will stow inside the van. A van that size can be hired for about £250 for a week.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000