Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Communication between members - etiquette.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nick Feakes

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2017 :  12:46:03  Show Profile
Ian
It certainly could be done but would need someone to check each report for veracity particularly in the case of less than "completely satisfied".
Did this person actually receive service from the named supplier?
Was the problem reported in a timely manner to the supplier?
Did the supplier attempt to rectify the situation?
Was the proposed rectification reasonable? Define reasonable.
If the complaint is one of time (to complete work or supply parts) was this time reasonable in the circumstances? Define reasonable.
We would need a committee to investigate each complaint so as to be fair to all concerned. Any volunteers?

I am not trying to be negative but having been involved with a complaint made to an on-line auction house and seen the lengths they go to, it may not be as simple as maybe we would like, there are both sellers and buyers who do not always act in an honourable way.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Ross Kelly

Australia
226 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2017 :  09:35:52  Show Profile
Hi All,
I was recently the unintended recipient of email critical of my acceptance of advertising for the Pre-war MG Rally in Australia from a business in the UK.

I approached four MMM dealers with whom I have done business with over many years in rebuilding or maintaining C0261, L0638, K0411, J3763 and NA0860. Two UK dealers accepted the offer to advertise, Sports and Vintage and Barry Walker (Cars Sales Only) and the Prewar Register of Australia is very appreciative of their support.

My long term dealing with both of these businesses has been on a cordial basis in all instances and if and when there were any issues they were resolved to my complete satisfaction.

Many enthusiasts may confuse their hobby with the financial requirments that necessitate suppliers to make a profit. As a my machinist often says to me when I make a complaint about his prices,"he is not running a charity"

Without the services of UK suppliers the rebuild and maintenance of these cars would not have been possible.

We need to work together to support the suppliers and skilled artisans who make our cars continue to function as intended.

cheers
ross kelly
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000