Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG CENTENARY SOUTH EAST AT BROOKLANDS
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Digby

United Kingdom
126 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  10:19:20  Show Profile
This event on 18 and 19 May will be the culmination of the Centenary celebrations with Sunday being particularly interesting for MMM owners. The Committee are trying to judge the level of interest and whether a Triple-M display is feasible and if a marquee is needed. We hope to link up again with the Vintage Register for any displays.
The Cavalcade participants will arrive on Sunday and there will be Triple-M competition cars in a special Brooklands themed display. The event is organised by the MGCC SE Centre so well worth supporting (details in March Safety Fast and online).
Can anyone who is planning to bring a MMM car on Sunday let us know so we can judge the level of interest, either via the forum or direct (digbygibbs@icloud.com).

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  11:07:45  Show Profile
Hello Digby. I will be coming along to Brooklands on the Sunday accompanied by my PA, BGH 295 who knows his way to the circuit as well as I do.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Naylor

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  15:45:53  Show Profile
I will be there on 19 May L2 magna regards Dave N

Thanks

Dave Naylor
Go to Top of Page

Christopher Hobbs

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2024 :  18:21:57  Show Profile
Hi Digby,
Yes we will be going to Brooklands in our K1 Tourer, booked in via SE Centre. Christopher and Kate

C.Hobbs
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
82 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2024 :  12:57:38  Show Profile

Hello everyone.

Just a reminder regarding the MG100 events that the South East Centre are arranging over the weekend of the 18th and 19th May. Full details including booking information are available via their event website at:
www.mgccse.co.uk/mg100-south-east/

Tickets via the South East Centre are at a discounted rate. Entry for Brooklands members is free but please do still book your ‘free’ ticket via the South East Centre website so that they have an idea of numbers. Entry on the day is also an option but will be at the normal Brooklands rate.

Brooklands, as we all know, is the birthplace of motor racing and provides a perfect location to move towards closing the celebrations of 100 years of MG. With a particular focus on and display of MG competition cars, scenic road runs on the Saturday, and multiple attractions and events going on at the old race track on the Sunday, it is a not to be missed occasion!

Finally, as you will have no doubt seen in Safety Fast! the 'MG 100 John O'Groats to Land's End Cavalcade' event being run, MG Car Club Centre by Centre, is taking place between the 30th April and the 25th May.

This, rather than being a single procession of MGs all the way from Scotland to Cornwall, is a succession of Centre led road-runs passing a very appropriate MG 100 baton all the way through the country. 'Cecil'...!

The event has been set up to be as inclusive as possible, whilst raising money for The Alzheimer's Society & Lupus UK - two great, UK good causes. It would be especially fitting in continuing the MG 100 celebrations if our cars were well represented on the various Centre runs, so please do get in touch with your local Centre to participate.

Please visit www.mgcc.co.uk/mg100/event/mg100-cavalcade-john-ogroats-lands-end/ for details and then link/spur off to your local Centre website to get involved.

See you at Brooklands on the 19th May.

Elizabeth

P.S. Please let us know if you are attending so that we also have an idea of numbers.
Go to Top of Page

nick westbrook

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2024 :  07:48:04  Show Profile
Hi Elizabeth
Both Jack and I will be there in our J2’s - JB and AMY
Nick
Go to Top of Page

William Cullen

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2024 :  16:29:16  Show Profile
Hi
I will be there on Sunday in the 32 F1 Magna Special.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
82 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2024 :  20:57:38  Show Profile

Many thanks to those that have replied via this posting and Facebook. There must be more of you attending surely?

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

JohnE

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2024 :  21:14:11  Show Profile
And a humble D, Elizabeth

JohnE
Go to Top of Page

JohnE

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2024 :  21:16:04  Show Profile
We could maybe form a WhatsApp group for the triple-ms on this weekend?

JohnE

Edited by - JohnE on 23/04/2024 21:16:30
Go to Top of Page

Johnball

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2024 :  11:10:20  Show Profile
I will be there on 19th in the competition section with my KN special.
Go to Top of Page

ANDY KING

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2024 :  11:30:23  Show Profile
Elizabeth and eventers,

We will be there with JB 7521 on Sunday and very much looking forward to meeting up with you all at this Centenary celebration!

Andy and Angie King
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000