Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Photographs of AGW 666
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Moth eaten

Australia
939 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2016 :  07:01:42  Show Profile
I am looking for period photos of my L1 if any member knows of any photos I would really appreciate finding them.
Thankyou
Very Moth eaten

N.D.Willey

Matthew Magilton

Australia
179 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2016 :  10:47:01  Show Profile
Do you know if L0327 was always black Nigel?

Matthew.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2016 :  20:33:42  Show Profile
Nigel. Your L-type was owned by the Managing Director of the firm I worked for in the 1990s., you maybe have his name, David Howard, among the paperwork for the car .
I do not have any period photos of the car nor , I am pretty certain, will David. I do have a couple of photos taken in the 90s which shows the car in the condition & colour that I guess you have it in now.
David did not have the car for very long (by normal Triple-M ownerships), I feel it was just to satisfy a long-felt desire to own an MG , if you know what I mean.
Should you feel that you would like a copy of these, recent, photos then I will attempt to email them to you . Ray
Go to Top of Page

Moth eaten

Australia
939 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2016 :  20:43:09  Show Profile
Hi Mathew
No it was not originally black, it was black when I bought it from John Firth Smith and photographed in the book in the UK in black.
Originally it was Green with a green interior, however it looked so nice
and black is a great vintage colour I decided to restore it in black, with a green interior, retaining the re upholstered seats with their superb patina, the trim was damaged when removed, I did not remove it unfortunately. Green with green interior although correct is just too green for me, I like the contrast, with all due respect to other owners.
Because this model has such beautiful lines I do not want to garnish the lily so I am trying to pull all the glitz back leaving the soul of the car to stand out. The wheels are done in dark jaguar green, it will look like the photo in the book, but with greatly improved detail.
The restoration is progressing but its soul destroying having to deal with a little car which was so badly treated anyway you know the story!

N.D.Willey
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2016 :  21:37:15  Show Profile
Nigel, the details of L0327 held on the Register indicate that David Howard had the car from March 1999 to August 2002, followed by John Firth Smith from whom you bought the car in (was it?) March 2013.

We also have pictures of the car bearing Victoria registration number 090 999 although we haven't had notification when that number was given to the car. Perhaps you could update us please? One of the pics shows the car in Andy King's premises, but there is no date attached to that....

We'll contact you off line to try to gather together a bit more data to help us complete the Register's records. We are preparing to roll out the new Register database in a couple of months' time so are anxious to 'harvest' as much info as possible from all owners.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Moth eaten

Australia
939 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2016 :  10:31:52  Show Profile
Thankyou for your input re AGW 666. Yes I know David Howard and did contact him in regard to what work he had done on the car. Also the missing
dash badge for the distributor which I was able to reproduce.
I have photos of the car with David, being loaded for shipping to Singapore which is where it came to grief unfortunately, being given to a business with a history of car servicing going back a long way.
I called them and asked what they had done,I feel they just did not understand how to restore old cars.
The damage that was done to the engine by them was unbelievable, and the front and rear guards also suffered. It was then sold to John you know the rest.
Now the plates were NSW not Victoria as the car has never been reg in my state. I have the original MOT and the 1st owner, but sadly have no early photos and any would be greatly appreciated. Especially Andy Kings pics.
My collection I am happy to share with the archives.
The car is not painted only the wheels, and yes it will go back looking like it did in the book but greatly improved in the detail.
I am hoping to have the rolling chassis home soon? so I can commence more assembly on the running gear. Time is not on my side.

N.D.Willey

Edited by - Moth eaten on 29/01/2016 10:37:27
Go to Top of Page

Matthew Magilton

Australia
179 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2016 :  07:49:25  Show Profile
Maybe posting the name and location of the first owner will help?

Matthew.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000