Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Pre-War Prescott - 17th and 18th July 2021
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2019 :  17:11:48  Show Profile
Entries are open for Pre-War Prescott 2020 and the Sunday nav rally/tour, and the MMM Register is very warmly invited once again!

Note that the date of our Summer Rally will be five weeks earlier than usual next year – the date for the weekend will be Friday 12th June to Sunday 14th June. Pre-War Prescott will take place on Saturday 13th June and our Navigation Rally and Scenic Tour will take place on Sunday.

Due to the advance in date, entries are already open at http://prewarprescott.com/?page_id=161. Early entries will receive up to two additional climbs in addition to the free one that comes with every entry, but we will be throttling this down as entry numbers grow so as to be able to offer climbs to everyone. So if you are keen to climb multiple times, I suggest you submit your entry without delay.

This will be the tenth Anniversary Pre-War Prescott and will also mark the 20th Anniversary of the founding of the Vintage Minor Register, so another big turnout is expected.

Edited by - mgmog on 02/04/2020 19:08:54

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2020 :  16:54:39  Show Profile
Morning everyone and very best wishes for 2020.

Just a reminder that it's time to get your Pre-War Prescott entries in. Right now the entry stands at 55 with 125 climbs already allocated. As mentioned in the last post, I'll need to throttle down the number of bookable climbs as the entry list grows. Also, as Pre-War Prescott is five weeks earlier this year, all of the planning has to come forward five weeks, so I am keen to receive entries at everyone's earliest convenience to save a crunch nearer the weekend, and also I have to pay the BOC five weeks earlier.

Seven MMM entries so far, but Vincent Dransart is organizing a French 'raid' of six cars which will be good to see.

While I'm on, advance notice that in 2023, MG will be the featured marque as we shall be celebrating the MG Centenary. Advance planning already under way.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2020 :  18:24:04  Show Profile
Quick update. 8 MMM entries already received, many more expected by June. Total entry so far is 72 with 171 climbs allocated.

1930 MG M Simon Bruce
1933 MG J2 s/c Gilbert Collins
1934 MG PA Keith Riches
1933 MG J2 John Dorney
1933 MG L Heinz Muller
1934 MG PA Anthony Richards
1929 MG M Frank Ashley
1930 MG M Mark Smith
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2020 :  17:03:15  Show Profile
Pleased to say that the MG Passion Triple M et T’potes Club have now booked their 'raid' of six cars coming from France for the weekend, bringing three MMM's and three T Types.

1930 MG M Simon Bruce
1933 MG J2 s/c Gilbert Collins
1934 MG PA Keith Riches
1933 MG J2 John Dorney (VMR)
1933 MG L Heinz Muller (VMR)
1934 MG PA Anthony Richards (VMR)
1929 MG M Frank Ashley (VMR)
1930 MG M Mark Smith
1931 MG D John Emmett (VMR)
1932 MG D Vincent Dransart (VMR)
1933 MG L André Frick
1933 MG J2 Arnaud Jacob

Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2020 :  18:15:58  Show Profile
That's fantastic news :)

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2020 :  19:12:32  Show Profile
Quick update. Now 15 MMM entries, BUT we were at 56 MMM entries at this date last year! Also, this year we have 5 weeks less to go, as the date for 2020 has been brought forward to 13th June. Is everyone going to MGLive this June, or is there something else going on that I don't know about?

You can enter right now at http://prewarprescott.com/?page_id=161.

Please let me know if you have any issues with the online entry process. We have had some recent glitches, but believe all is fully functional again now. This webpage also contains a link to download a traditional paper entry form which can be posted.
Go to Top of Page

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2020 :  20:42:59  Show Profile
Is there something else ..... yes it is known as COVID19

PB 0527
Go to Top of Page

Brian Watson

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2020 :  21:57:21  Show Profile
Robin,

That's a terrible thing to say about MG "Live" (or Silverstone, as we used to say...)

Brian
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2020 :  17:54:57  Show Profile
A quick update on Pre-War Prescott 2020, in the light of the rapidly changing situation.

You may have heard that Motosport UK (MSUK), the governing body for UK motorsport has announced a moratorium on all UK motorsporting events until the end of April. The Bugatti Owners’ Club and the VSCC have consequently announced that their spring events will be postponed until later in the year. This includes the VSCC Light Car section’s Welsh Weekend in two weeks’ time.

Although the Vintage Minor Register is not a MSUK-affiliated club, we nevertheless have to abide by any decisions made by the BOC with regard to Prescott, and also common sense.
As for PWP 2020, entries will remain open, but please be aware that the date of the event is possibly going to be pushed back until later in the year.

Of course, this depends entirely upon the situation on the ground as it evolves over the coming weeks.

And all this on the day that we heard from the RAF Events Team that we have been allocated a Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Spitfire for 13th June!

Thanks for your understanding and I will continue to updates as the situation develops.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2020 :  17:50:23  Show Profile
The following just released:

Hello everyone,

After a highly productive discussion with the Bugatti Owners’ Club this morning, I am very pleased to announce that the date for Pre-War Prescott 2020 is re-scheduled to Saturday 19th September – just over a three-month delay, which will hopefully suffice to get us past the current situation. Our navigation rally and scenic tour will therefore take place on Sunday 20th. Of course, should the entire 2020 motorsport season be lost then we shall postpone again – to Saturday 17th July 2021, but I think the current plan is the best we can do in the current circumstances.

One benefit of the date change is that it is very likely to decouple the weekend from MGLive.

For those of you who have already entered, please let me know if you cannot make the September date and I will arrange a refund. On the other hand, I know that a number of you could not make the June date but may well be able to join us in September. If you have already entered and I don't hear from you, I will assume that the new date works for you.

In the meantime, if you would like to enter for the new date, but have not already entered for June, please do so at http://prewarprescott.com/?page_id=161, or return the Entry Form downloadable from this web page. (I will update the form with the new date in due course, but for the time being please ignore the June date.)

Thank you all so much for your understanding, messages of encouragement and best wishes already received. I hope I have responded to you all, but apologies if not.

All the very best to everyone,

Ian

PS - can the moderator change the date in the title of this thread? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5984 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2020 :  18:49:51  Show Profile
If we're all spared this would work very well with the Triple-M Tour which is due to start on 20 September. Fingers crossed!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2020 :  19:40:13  Show Profile
Thanks Simon. Right now we have Angouleme and Kop Hill, but I'm sure there will be more clashes and other movements to come by September if the entire motorsporting season gets squashed into the autumn!

Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2020 :  18:03:55  Show Profile
The following PWP update was circulated this morning, regarding the postponement of PWP to July 2021:

With the situation changing daily, and in the light of this week’s revised government guidelines spanning the next six months, Pre-War Prescott and our Summer Rally are postponed to the weekend of Saturday 17th July and Sunday 18th 2021. Although Prescott may be open by September (and I sincerely hope so), even by then, I suspect that many of the likely entrants, whose demographic is quite senior, will be leery of any large gathering, regardless of the guidelines in place by then. Right now, our overarching concern must be for everyone’s good health.

In addition, the September weekend already has some unfortunate clashes with both the Kop Hill and Harewood hillclimbs, as well as the race meet at Angouleme, plus some added technical complications of having to share the weekend (and therefore local accommodation, etc.) with the local Rotary Club who are gathering at Prescott over the same weekend in September. On top of this the VSCC Prescott long course event takes place the following Saturday, and may well become their two-day event, as the August date for this may well be in question. I know that many PWP entrants like to attend both events, but may not wish to attend Prescott two weekends in a row.

So could I ask all of you who have entered already to let me know whether you wish me to refund your entry or simply transfer your entry to the new date (and naturally I encourage you to do the latter!). Once the dust has settled on entrants’ collective wishes, I shall be holding a sum against these entries and I plan to pay this sum to the Bugatti Owner’s Club – perhaps in the next four weeks - if I can elicit a response from everyone by then. And for those of you who have already booked tickets for the evening BBQ, I will forward these funds to Ciaran who manages the Clubhouse to help him and his staff through these challenging times. I hope that this will provide some valuable income to the BOC and to the Clubhouse when it is needed the most. I will also pay the balance of the hire Prescott fee and BBQ bookings as soon as I have collected them from additional entries and not wait until the usual 60-days before the event deadline (for the BOC) or the BBQ night (for the Clubhouse).

Also, every entrant’s entry fee contains £5 for the RAF Charitable Trust in return for a raffle ticket. I propose to also pay the sum gathered so far to the RAF CT in the next 30 days, as their income will be decimated this year, with the cancellation of the Air Tattoo.

Could I also ask those of you who hold executive, newsletter or webmaster positions in our supporting Clubs and Registers to relay this change of date and change of plans to your respective memberships, so that as many people as possible are aware.

I will be updating the website, entry forms, etc. and I will also add a column to the online entry list for clarity, indicating those who have elected to move their entries to 2021. And I will remove those who elect to cancel. The entry list can be found at http://prewarprescott.com/?page_id=547.

I do hope the above plan is acceptable and not too inconvenient to everyone, as I think it is the best we can hope for in the current circumstances. With any luck, next year’s weekend will be the very best ever, as we celebrate the passing of the storm and much more. I wish all of you and your families and friends, the Bugatti Owners’ Club, the Bugatti Trust, the Clubhouse staff and last but by no means least the indomitable Prescott marshals all the very best as we and look forward to calmer, brighter waters before too long.

If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever, whether or not they relate to Pre-War Prescott or our Summer Rally, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Please keep an eye open for further e-mails regarding the change of plans in the coming days and weeks, as we work our way through these changes. Needless to say, all other Register activities while continue unabated, including the circulation of Newsletters, website updates, and please don't overlook the Forum which offers an excellent communications platform in the absence of face-to-face meetings. Please share your news for us all to enjoy, in whatever way works best for you.

Finally, I contacted Gemma Price at Prescott yesterday to let her know my decision. Gemma is the new BOC General Manager/Club Secretary, having recently taken over from Chris Rogers, and below is her reply. I would like to add to this by passing on Jayne’s and my sincere thanks for the incredible support and understanding we have received from all of you as we battle through stormy and uncharted waters. Living around 6,000 miles from most of you, your correspondence and messages of support are appreciated beyond words. Thank you, and this evening, our 37th Wedding Anniversary, we shall raise an an indecently large glass to you all around the world to wish you continued health, happiness, prosperity, and we look forward so much to a tremendous reunion in July 2021.

Ian and Jayne

From Gemma Price:

Hi Ian,

Nice to hear from you.

Thanks for letting me know about your decision to postpone, which I obviously totally understand and support.

Also, thank you for the exceptionally kind gesture of still making a payment to the BOC this year. This is astonishingly generous and on behalf of the whole club I thank you sincerely. The funds will make a huge difference to our survival through these challenging times. It will be a very tough year for the Club in many ways, but we plan to use this time to take stock of how we operate and plan to emerge from the crisis stronger and with a clearer sense of direction and purpose.

We will move your deposit into 2021 as requested and I wish you and your family well through the pandemic.

Take care and stay in touch.

Gemma
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1479 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  11:11:37  Show Profile
Ian. Please transfer my 2020 entry fee to the new 2021 date. Many thanks. Colin Butchers.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  17:06:37  Show Profile
Thanks Colin. Done. That's 34 and counting so far.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000