Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Race Helmets
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter Scully

United Kingdom
157 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2019 :  19:54:12  Show Profile
I see in the latest edition of Safety Fast reference to what type of helmets are permitted for track days. The article notes that MSV circuits restrict open face helmets to cars with solid roofs, yet one regularly sees such helmets being used by MMM competitors for racing at these circuits. Unless MSV have changed their position for competitive events in 2020 I fail to understand the rational behind this decision. Is there some logic I am missing?
Peter

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
357 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2019 :  21:08:11  Show Profile
Is this a new regulation from MSV ? If so , MMM racing is going to be devoid of a lot of regular competitors. I also heard that Silverstone does not permit cars at track days if they do not have seat belts. Again , awkward for MMM cars , but very hard on motorcycles .
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2019 :  08:45:28  Show Profile
Hi all, track days have pretty much always said no to open face helmets and asked for seat belts on regs. However every time we do a track day, we speak to organisers explain and have no issue. Reality is track days don’t often get our cars there so regs are not written for us.

So my advice is just ask the organiser. Especially if you have a race accepted open face helmet.

I have seen no reference to open face helmets not being allowed in 2020 for racing.

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000