Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 P Type Front Camstand & Cap
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NeilF

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2020 :  18:29:07  Show Profile
Apologies for posting my need for this camstand & cap in good usable condition again but I am bored of seeing my car in the garage with the head in parts.
My thanks to everyone who goes out to their garage to check.
Neil

Westbury

United Kingdom
1971 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2020 :  19:39:33  Show Profile

Hello, Neil.

Have you tried Sports and Vintage ? They certainly have done them in the past.

Hope you have some luck.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

NeilF

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2020 :  09:49:26  Show Profile
Hi Chris.

Thanks for your response. Yes Sports & Vintage was my first port of call as always. I was going to say that like many cars my PA wouldn't be on the road without the support we get from S&V and then I remembered its not on the road. Ah well we need to have something to look forward to!!

At least my ad goes back to the top.

Neil
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2143 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2020 :  02:40:36  Show Profile
Neil, as Vintage MG Parts are arguably the second largest mmm parts suppliers to Sports and Vintage, you may wish to also try us as a first port of call !!!!!!!

We have new camstand caps in stock. I also have raw unmachined camstand castings for P,K,L,N type models if this may help you

Here to assist anyway

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

NeilF

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2020 :  11:33:12  Show Profile
Rich

You have obviously forgotten that I sent you an enquiry for 5 parts 9th September last year, the two you had in stock I purchased. I included a separate request for a Front Camstand because it is not listed on your website, you did not reply or comment. At the time you were also waiting on SS blanks for water jacket side plates and you were still waiting when I asked for an update on 6th January. I do not purchase many parts, my PA was a running car until I discovered previous owner had run the engine without anti-freeze causing the damage I am now trying to put right.

When you return from your holiday please let me know what unmachined iron castings you can supply me with, my immediate need is the base and cap for the front camstand. If you have a quantity in stock I may be interested in taking them all and getting a batch machined - so much cheaper than a one off. I assume you can supply a machining drawing for the machine shop. I don't need any machined caps the machine shop will line bore the base and cap when bolted together, in Cornwall we call that a proper job which we celebrate with a fine IPA from St Austell Brewery.

I was not aware that you are the second largest mmm supplier to Sports and Vintage so your multiple exclamation marks are entirely uncalled for.

Regards
Neil

Edited by - NeilF on 27/02/2020 11:34:57
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2143 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2020 :  04:29:56  Show Profile
Thanks Neil and noted. It seems better if you stay with you previous parts suppliers for your future parts requirements

Regards

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

NeilF

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2020 :  10:03:46  Show Profile
I still need the PA Front Camstand & Cap. If you can help my search please respond to the email address in my profile.
Neil
Go to Top of Page

NeilF

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2020 :  15:17:24  Show Profile
I asked Barry Walker if he could help my search for this elusive part at Stoneleigh in early February, he just said leave it with me I'm sure I can help. Yesterday Barry sent me an email with the news that he had found an original Front Camstand complete with its matching cap. I couldn't pay for it quick enough, it arrived safely in Cornwall early this morning, excellent service from Barry and the Royal Mail. It is in lovely condition just as Barry described and preserved in the dirtiest oil I have ever seen.

When I started looking for this part 6 months ago I thought I would find one within the month and be back on the road early this year. I had no idea how rare it was so I am delighted that is all behind me now and I can get started on re-assembly. As a thank you to all who read my e-mail and those who responded privately I will volunteer to marshal at the Kimber Trial on 2nd May, hopefully will see some of you there.

Neil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000