Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Home isolation
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2020 :  07:53:06  Show Profile
Many of us who raced in the 1960s and 70s are grateful to Tony for the use of the G K N Vandervell hospitality suite at M G Silverstone. It was a great place to gather after our Triple M race and chat with family and friends and discuss the race.
What’s more , it was on the inside of Woodcote corner so a great place to watch the racing from.
Many thanks Tony for pulling the strings to enable us to use it. Ray.
Go to Top of Page

Dan F

USA
834 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2020 :  11:53:07  Show Profile
Tony:
Id like a copy as well !
Dan
Go to Top of Page

Tony Dolton

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2020 :  20:26:52  Show Profile
Thanks for kind words Ray. The original no 1 pit at Silverstone had no access for cars racing, to stop. It was given to Tony Vandervell to commemorate his success when he stopped racing. I remember the concrete bunker when I joined in 1968. We used to park a caravan behind it on GP day ,turned into a bar for our customers. When Silverstone built the timing tower at the start line and the lower row of hospitality pits we were allocated the middle suite ,one floor up, with the timing box above us and clerk of the course office below. The view was magnificent. Later when the units were developed further we moved to the pit you remember. Managed to hold onto it until Hard times restricted our budget. Had the facility for 30 yrs. customers loved it.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2020 :  08:34:38  Show Profile
It was my second home!

Perhaps you can add a chapter on how to beat the handicapper

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Edited by - Dolts on 23/03/2020 08:36:32
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic