Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 1991 MMM Raid Photos
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cris DaBica

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2020 :  17:51:47  Show Profile
I tried to post these in the original topic (from 2018) but it's now archived/locked.

The tour stopped for an afternoon at our house in Connecticut.

The rest of the photos I've found so far are here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133762659@N07/albums/72157713621276521

Cris

Edited by - Cris DaBica on 25/03/2020 17:56:41

creamcracker

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2020 :  09:18:19  Show Profile
Hi Cris.
Very evocative of a time gone by, especially heartwarming in this time of stress and strain on us all by this horrible CORVID-19.
Is is possible to get copies of some of these images for my files.
Many thanks.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2020 :  10:55:48  Show Profile
I like your garden Cris.

Lovely colours. That's the trees, not the people.

Colin B
Go to Top of Page

Cris DaBica

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2020 :  14:51:39  Show Profile
Thank you! If I find more I will post.

Keith, please find a zip file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArQKjbTu47D5r2q0r8YGwh5OkIM5?e=pflqaQ

Cris
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
651 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2020 :  15:22:41  Show Profile
Chris

I have pinched copies of your zip file as well.
I was wondering how to get copies off your original posting.

Of course, in those pre-digital days one had to be careful with how many pics you had left on a roll of film. So the number of pics that I have is fairly limited.

The outdoor lunch at your establishment was something as a surprise to us - very much appreciated American hospitality.

I am now, probably the last remaining regular user of this forum who went on the trip

Whatever happened to the guy who lived in/near New York who came along with a red M-Type ??

Tony Margel
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2020 :  19:11:47  Show Profile
Tony, You are asking about Rob Medinsky. Rob lived at the time in Northern New Jersey and drove a super fast red M Type. He had an MG repair business and was a natural mechanic. He sold his home ,the M Type, and his business and moved to New Hampshire where he now manufactures and sells vacuums advances and other distributor parts.

My favorite memory of the raid did not involve the cars, but was the trip to China Town NYC. Barbara and I had set up a 6 course authentic Chinese dinner, and everyone on the raid thought the first course was the whole dinner and began to laugh as each course followed. They took most of it back to their hotel rooms. Lots of fun and a great group and now as a result we have 3 MMM cars.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2020 :  19:22:45  Show Profile
Which M type was that then, please??

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2020 :  21:29:13  Show Profile
Mike, I believe the car was 2M1369. It was red. The car was sold (I believe) to Eric Richardson who lives in Michigan. The car was registered with the North American MMM Register. Let me know if you need more

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

creamcracker

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2020 :  22:09:35  Show Profile
Cris,
Many thanks for the zip file. Most kind of you to share these great memories.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

Reinout

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  03:05:30  Show Profile
Eric and 2M1369 were at the GOF Central in 2012 in St. Charles, IL. (see photo) I have not heard that Eric Richardson doesn't have it any more (but I am not sure). And before that, it was Rob Medynsky's from British Vacuum Unit, now in Canterbury NH. The car should be MMM Register number 252 and registration number FJ6936.

Reinout Vogt
Emma
1931 M-Type 2M/2735
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
651 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  14:34:19  Show Profile
Mike L & Mike M

You are correct about that meal being most memorable. The probable reason for most folk not finishing it all was that to our jet lagged group it was about 4am - having set off the previous day at 8am !!
Being a Chinese restaurant, you were presented with all of the creature that was cooked. This created another highlight when the irepressable Ann Allison getting hold of two chicken heads and letting them have conversations with each other.

Reinout is correct about Bob's car. He was very helpful to Roy Tomlinson - the TF registered car - which had lots of issues & had done about 20 miles since a total re-build, before setting off, at high speed, down the motorway on a 90 mile trip to Liverpool docks!

Edited by - tonym on 28/03/2020 14:39:45
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
497 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2020 :  19:27:27  Show Profile
Tony, that's a great pic. That meeting was the debut of my black PB, seen near the right edge, and a younger me with hair in the blue sweatshirt!

Tommm now with less hair.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000