Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 The John Kidder Memorial Trophy 2019
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  13:53:48  Show Profile
Round about this time of year we would be preparing for racing and other gatherings. Sadly all these events are off for the time being, which is a shame for another reason - it means that we will not be able to present Trophy winners in person with their awards. Happily the winner details have all been published, and can be found elsewhere on this web site.

There is however one exception to this!

The John Kidder Memorial Trophy is awarded annually "To the person or persons whom the Triple-M Register Committee considers merit the award on the grounds of either:-

A notable performance during the year.
or
A notable contribution to the Register during the year."

We are delighted to announce that the committee was unanimous that the John Kidder Memorial Trophy for 2019 should be awarded to:
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
Colin Murrell and Steffi Broch.

This is in recognition and appreciation for the wonderful work they do in photographing our cars in racing and other events and for the consistent help and support that they readily give to the Register and owners in very many other ways.

Congratulations Colin and Steffi!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  14:32:09  Show Profile
Many thanks Dick etc, I'll copy my email reply to Dick here
"Hi Dick
That's wonderful and a real surprise so Thankyou very much
I was born into MG's with Dad having a TC since '63 and they and the MGCC have always been part of my life and a passion
The TC and earlier have always been my favourite and it's a pleasure to be able to capture these cars being used still in competition and being used as the were built for and continuing on the heritage. Each time these cars are out, history is being made. Luck has a lot to answer for, and found me covering the BTCC for MG Motor as their photographer for their first 3-4 seasons. Luck also led to a T Type racer introducing me to the little D Type that now lives in my garage :)
As you know we both do this for different organisations, myself mainly for the MGCC and its Triple-M and T Type Registers, MGCC Sweden and the Australian Pre War group.
Steffi, as a MGCC Luxembourg member for the German speaking clubs such as MGCC Luxembourg, Switzerland, Germany etc
It's purely a hobby but a great way to put something back in to what we really enjoy, and the MG Family are such a great bunch to spend time with, true friends, just like a family really
Best Regards
Colin and Steffi"

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1026 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  14:32:51  Show Profile
Very well deserved!
Cheers Colin and Steffi

Onno "J,D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3227 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  21:29:06  Show Profile
Hi Colin and Steffi - very well done and richly deserved.

Add to the photography the time you both give to the Register e.g. setting at Stoneleigh and helping manage the stand.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 28/03/2020 21:34:42
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  21:48:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by George Eagle

Hi Colin and Steffi - very well done and richly deserved.

Add to the photography the time you both give to the Register e.g. setting at Stoneleigh and helping manage the stand.

George
L2023

Thankyou George, it's always a pleasure to help when we can

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
Go to Top of Page

Reinout

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2020 :  04:32:04  Show Profile
Congratulations, Colin and Steffi. We always enjoy your photos.

Reinout Vogt
Emma
1931 M-Type 2M/2735
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2020 :  06:00:26  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Reinout

Congratulations, Colin and Steffi. We always enjoy your photos.

Reinout Vogt
Emma
1931 M-Type 2M/2735

Thankyou Reinout! We hope you are all ok,out there

Colin Murrell
D0285
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2020 :  14:55:16  Show Profile
Very worthy winners, well done Colin and Steffi ! The recent racing years would not be the same without you both and your fabulous photographs. Emma and I will raise a glass from our kitchen in your honour #128514;#128514;

Pots
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2020 :  15:41:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Pots

Very worthy winners, well done Colin and Steffi ! The recent racing years would not be the same without you both and your fabulous photographs. Emma and I will raise a glass from our kitchen in your honour #128514;#128514;

Pots

Many thanks Duncan and Emma
These recent weekends just aren't the same without you guys and girls and the Triple-M competitive action

Colin Murrell
D0285
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2020 :  19:33:37  Show Profile
Congratulations, well done!! Always super pictures from super people!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2020 :  11:00:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mike the M

Congratulations, well done!! Always super pictures from super people!

Mike Dalby

many thanks Mike

Colin Murrell
D0285
Go to Top of Page

FrankAshleymgm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2020 :  11:24:52  Show Profile
Totally agree with all the comments and very well deserved. Always smiling and chatty as well as taking brilliant photos. Their help at Stoneleigh was much appreciated in getting my car in and out of thje trailer.

Frank Ashley
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2020 :  15:55:22  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by FrankAshleymgm

Totally agree with all the comments and very well deserved. Always smiling and chatty as well as taking brilliant photos. Their help at Stoneleigh was much appreciated in getting my car in and out of thje trailer.

Frank Ashley

Many thanks Frank, it's always a pleasure to help

Colin Murrell
D0285
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000