Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Search choke rod and clevis for J2 J2629 in France
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lacourt

France
2 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2020 :  18:09:31  Show Profile
Hi,
The choke bar between first carb and control bar is missing on J2 n°J2629. So she needs the parts n°50, 51, 52, 55 on the scheme from "sport & vintage" (for carb AUC 172 - OM type). "Burlen" does not have these parts, neither "sports & vintage". Would you be so kind enough to help me, many thanks

frederick wheeler

France
39 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  10:47:17  Show Profile
Hi Phillipe,
I have to make item 50 for my PB, it will be 3/16” as original but in stainless steel. I have a rusty pattern which is broken at the 90 degree bend which means knowing the distance between the lever on the accelerator rod end and the eye in the item 53 in your illustration at one extreme position of the choke jet.
I can help with items 51and 55 but do not have a spare Clevis end . Would you like me to make a second item 50 for you? The thread is 2 BA which you should bear in mind when looking for a clevis.

f wheeler
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1849 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  13:10:07  Show Profile
Similarly, I made up item 50 out of stainless rod. I did not have a pattern so made one out of a softer material first by trial and error to get a pattern(I think it was wire coat hanger material.) Putting a split pin hole through the stainless defeated me so I threaded both ends and used a double lock nut arrangement instead of the split pin.

If you get your measurements correct and can do without adjustment you could extend and crank the rod at the clevis end to avoid the need for 52 & 55
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
1940 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  13:25:50  Show Profile
Hello, Phillipe.

I have items 52 and 55 if you are not in a hurry for them as I am not able to get out with this virus problem to post them.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by - Westbury on 03/04/2020 13:27:31
Go to Top of Page

Lacourt

France
2 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  17:08:37  Show Profile
Chris, Frederick, Coracle, thank you very much for your answers
I now think that I should purchase from Burlen the item AUE 376 which is similar to the parts between the two carbs but too long (AUE 376 has an overall rod length of  6 ½”  and will suit carburetter centres between 6 ¼” to 7” and I only need 5,3" , 13,5 cm). I shall have to adapt it ; and this will be better than the actual system ...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000