Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Rogue Traders
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeterL

United Kingdom
1712 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  08:35:14  Show Profile
I pick up on a comment on the Wanted forum:

... the ‘Committee’ have BANNED him ... he was trying to warn members about some unscrupulous Trader in the MMM / T Type world....

I think all that needs to be said is that there are one or two such traders around, that those new to the MMM world should seek advice before spending money and that that advice can best be obtained at noggins and natters and from other owners. This forum is an excellent example of how to find people willing to offer advice...

I am not on the committee but am grateful to them for what they do, this is a fantastic organisation and they deserve credit for that, this however is the one area where it falls a little short..

Edited by - PeterL on 09/07/2020 08:36:05

Nick Feakes

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  18:46:53  Show Profile
Peter
This is a topic that comes up from time to time. It sounds like an easy thing to do but the reality is it is almost impossible to regulate as well as keep everyone out of court. Also the ensuing thread of "he said .....", "no I didn't....." would be very boring for everyone else to read and would achieve very little except to cause ill feeling and I believe would degrade the integrity of the site.
If someone is having a problem with one of our suppliers then please deal with it directly, not publicly on this website (remember the forum is public). If you are unable to resolve the issue then the Committee would like to have the details and may be able to help.

Everyone should remember the MGCC Triple-M register website and forum are governed by clear rules and codes of conduct. If anyone infringes those, any offending postings will be removed and the committee may take other action.

Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6015 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  20:03:31  Show Profile
Personally I see no reason whatsoever for the Register to get involved in disputes between buyers and sellers. Caveat emptor, and all that. It’s like any other hobby - ask others for advice on what to buy and where to buy it. We all have our own experiences of most, if not all, of the traders supplying the splendid services that they do. From time to time we may feel we got short changed - I know I certainly have - but I certainly wouldn’t expect the Register to get involved. If I’m really unhappy, then I’ll go to the small claims court (I nearly did twice); otherwise, I’ll just not use that company again (I haven’t!). But we really don’t need people adopting a holier than thou approach in relation to things that they’re not directly involved in, such as the comments on the thread Peter is referring to.

Simon J
J3437

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 09/07/2020 20:18:13
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1031 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  21:06:05  Show Profile
If the dispute happens on the forum which is paid for and organised by the register then the committee has every right to get involved and send anyone in to the naughty corner.
We are all a guest here and if you don’t like it you can do 2 things, leave or join the committee and change what you don’t like.

Onno "J,D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6015 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  21:12:43  Show Profile
To be clear, Onno, I wasn’t suggesting that the Register, through the committee, shouldn’t intervene when things get out of hand on the Forum - they absolutely should. But not, to my mind, when it’s a matter between buyer and seller, and definitely not when a third party tries to push into something that doesn’t actually involve them.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000