Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Triple-M Register AGM - 17 October 2020
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2020 :  11:08:09  Show Profile
This message is intended for Triple-M owners who are paid up Members of the MG Car Club - i.e. those who are defined as 'Triple-M Register members'.

Regular MGCC Triple-M Register followers will probably know that because of Covid–19 we were forced to abandon plans for our 2020 Register AGM, which had been scheduled for the 7th of June.

The committee has decided to use the opportunity presented by the pandemic to look afresh at the 2020 AGM meeting arrangements.

We have therefore decided that the AGM will now take place on Saturday evening 17th of October 2020 at 8 pm UK time. The meeting will be conducted online by means of Zoom. This will give the opportunity for MGCC Members in the UK and around the world who own Triple-M cars to participate in the AGM – this will be a first for us!

Notice of the meeting has now been published in the September issue of Safety Fast! (Safety Fast is sent to MGCC members who are also able to view it online though the MGCC website.)

This all comes with a slight proviso, because there is a physical limit to the number of people who can take part in a Zoom conference. Under our current subscription that limit is 100 people.

In order that Triple-M owning MGCC Members can be prioritised, it is vital that anybody wishing to join the meeting supplies their current MG Car Club membership number as soon as possible to the Secretary, Dick Morbey at secretary@triple-mregister.org Lists will open on 1st of September and this will enable us to set things up to allow you access to the meeting. (If anybody else who is not an MGCC Member wishes to sit in on the meeting you should please let the secretary know and we will try to accommodate you if possible.)

We will be circulating more details about the meeting, the agenda, the financial statements, other reports and committee nomination papers in good time before October 17. There will be a facility for members to offer comments, questions and suggestions for consideration at the meeting. We will also be setting up arrangements so that Members may vote on the various agenda items.

If more than 100 Members ask to attend the meeting this will inevitably mean that some will be disappointed, but we will do what we can to ensure that all Members can have access to the papers before the meeting and the decisions made at the meeting. As we plan to record the meeting it may also be possible to distribute an audio or video of the meeting.

As this is the first time we have tried this approach we ask that you bear with us, but it is hoped that we will have a much better attendance than in recent years and greater Member involvement in the meeting.

Thank you.

Dick Morbey
Register Secretary

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5999 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2020 :  11:31:13  Show Profile
A great initiative, Dick.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2020 :  13:52:31  Show Profile
Agreed.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2020 :  10:02:32  Show Profile
UPDATE

Several people have already been in touch to request access to the AGM when it takes place on Sat 17th October at 8 pm UK time. Thank you!

The committee will be discussing the arrangements at its regular meeting this Sunday and we will be posting financial and other reports into the MGCC Members area of this Forum after that. If you have not already advised Dick Morbey of your MGCC membership number (a pre-requisite for access to that area of the Forum), now might be a good time to do so!

Finally, for now, a quick reminder that the AGM is open to members of the Triple-M Register. Register Members must meet the following MGCC requirements:
1. Must be a paid up Member of the MGCC and
2. Must own a Triple-M car.
We may be able to allow non-Register Members observer access to the meeting if the numbers allow.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Teifion

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2020 :  15:56:59  Show Profile
Hi Dick, I'm a member of the MGCC but currently can't access the members forum, please advise.
Thanks+best, Teifion.

Teifion
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2020 :  16:23:17  Show Profile
Hello Teifion

Happy to help.

Access to the MGCC members' area is not automatic, as currently the website cannot link to the prime MGCC membership data, which is controlled by the Club.

At present we have to add known members manually to the Forum. Once added you will have access. I will ask our webmaster Nick Feakes to arrange access for you. Sorry if this seems a long winded process....

If any other MGCC members are not able to access the MGCC members only area of the Forum please let kme know, along with your current membership number and I'll be happy to arrange things.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Teifion

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2020 :  17:32:51  Show Profile
Thanks Dick#128077;

Teifion
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2020 :  14:50:37  Show Profile
Just a reminder to any Triple-M Register Members (i.e. MGCC members with a Triple-M car) that you have the opportunity of attending the Register's 2020 AGM on 17th October via Zoom.

We expect to be placing the meeting 'papers', reports and a voting and comments form into the MGCC Members' area of the Forum in the coming 7 days.

If you wish to access the Members area of the Forum to download the meeting papers and send us a voting/response form, please remember to supply your name and MGCC membership number to Dick Morbey asap so they we can arrange access to this area of the Forum for you.

As this is all new for 2020 please bear with us, but if you have any questions about how we expect the meeting to work, please contact me at richard dot morbey at gmail dot com

Thanks and best wishes to all
Dick Morbey
Secretary
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3340 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2020 :  15:50:18  Show Profile
Teifion
You already have access to that forum but you must be logged in to all the forums first(check it says "LOGOUT" in blue).
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2020 :  05:41:05  Show Profile
UPDATE

The Register's AGM will take place at 8 pm UK time on 17th October using Zoom.

If you would like to attend the meeting please let Dick Morbey know.

We will be posting financial and other reports, meeting guidance and voting forms in the MGCC Members' area of this Forum in early October. Voting closes on 14th October.

To get access to the MGCC Members area please ensure that Dick has your MGCC membership number (a pre-requisite for access to that area of the Forum).

The AGM is open to MGCC members/members of the Triple-M Register.

Register Members are those of you who:
1. are paid up Members of the MGCC and
2. own a Triple-M car.
We may be able to allow non-Members observer access to the meeting if the numbers allow.

Thank you

Dick Morbey
Register Secretary
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3340 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2020 :  15:43:17  Show Profile
Dick
I will "attend" the meeting if I can be on line wherever I am at that moment. If you are reaching the limit then you can use my slot for someone more guaranteed to be able to attend.
Nick from sunny Utah.

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2020 :  17:28:14  Show Profile
Thanks Nick.

Any more for the Skylark?

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2020 :  10:52:22  Show Profile
AGM Update

Details of the AGM and all documentation will be available shortly in the MGCC Members Only area of the Forum.

If any MGCC Members cannot access that Forum please contact me at richard dot morbey at gmail dot com and I will arrange access. Thank you.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2020 :  10:29:33  Show Profile
Dear all,

A reminder that the reports and papers for the Register's AGM are available in the MGCC Members area of the Forum.

If you are an MGCC Member but have not been able to access that part of the Forum, please would you get in touch with me and I will be happy to help.

More than 25 Members have already said that they would like to attend the Zoom AGM, although not all have yet sent in their voting forms or feedback. The closing date for receipt of AGM voting papers is Wednesday 14th October.

As there will be no 'show of hands' voting at the AGM, it's important that if you want to vote - or indeed make a comment or pose a question to the committee, we encourage you use the Voting Form to do so.

Do please get in touch at secretary@triple-mregister.org if you have any queries about all this!

Thanks
Dick Morbey

Edited by - DickMorbey on 07/10/2020 10:31:18
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2020 :  11:08:16  Show Profile
A quick update ahead of Saturday's Register AGM:

All the papers and reports are available in the MGCC Members only area of the Forum. Do please let me know if you are unable to access that area

If Members wish to vote on the various motions they should please do so by the closing date this Wednesday. Questions, comments and suggestions are also welcomed.

The Zoom meeting access details will be available on Friday.

Thanks to all those of you who have been in touch about the meeting and for your interest. We will be joined by Members in Australia and the USA as well as the UK

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2020 :  10:36:15  Show Profile
AGM Update - this message for MGCC Members who are Triple-M car owners (Register Members)

Good morning,

We have just sent direct e-mails to those MGCC Members who have already told us of their wish to attend tomorrow's AGM, with meeting access details.

For the benefit of any Members who have not already told us of their wish to attend the meeting, below are the access details.

Please note that available meeting numbers are limited. Therefore any MGCC Triple-M Register Member who has not already told us of their wish to join the meeting should please contact secretary@triple-mregister.org so that we can add you to the list. It will be first come first served!

Thank you and here now are the details:

The Triple-M Register AGM takes place tomorrow (Saturday).  The meeting is taking place by means of Zoom. 

Here are the details about how to access the meeting .

We will be opening the waiting room door at around 19:45 hrs UK time and hope to be able to start the meeting at 20:00 hrs

Meeting access details
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85496279312?pwd=SnUwemV6MGEraGUrRmtJelJ2empodz09

Meeting ID: 854 9627 9312
Passcode: 271772
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,85496279312#,,,,,,0#,,271772# US (New York)
+16699009128,,85496279312#,,,,,,0#,,271772# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 854 9627 9312
Passcode: 271772
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/keHPbVXrvF

Thank you.
Dick Morbey