Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Dealer dash plaque
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KevinA

New Zealand
669 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2021 :  22:02:41  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Vitesse

Hmm, just spotted that the medallion is actually inscribed in French.

They usually were, how many of these have you seen without noticing?

Go to Top of Page

Brian H

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2021 :  09:43:24  Show Profile
Thank you for all the responses. It is a really fascinating subject! I am a reader of Automobile magazine and have since appreciated the pre war ‘Car Marts’ were not the same as those post war, where the name took on a different persona!

I have found my chassis file records, which were obtained from the club quite a while ago but are unfortunately of poor quality and almost indecipherable. The original owner took delivery of the car from Stradlings Ltd of Newbury, hence the 'JB' plate.

Going off piste (apologies), the car went back to MG Service many times with complaints about poor performance and braking, so some things never change! The car appears to have been returned after only three weeks ownership for ‘decarbonising, valve grinding, tuning and testing’ and seems to have been charged for it. So I presume the dash plaque was fitted subsequently after a trade in!

Although I have the continuation log book it begins with the 'fourth owner' Douglas Bates who lived in Berkshire and featured in MG Enthusiast magazine sometime in the early 1990s. The next two owners also lived in Berkshire the second being Martin Brent. There is a fantastic letter from MG dated 17 April 1947 to the then owner (third?) living in Brighton but that is for another time.

We could also start another thread on key rings, mine came with a Bromford & Evershed ‘Sapper’ one from the 1950s.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2021 :  10:28:17  Show Profile
Good morning Brian

Could you possibly contact me off line (e-mail address below) as I'd very much like to update the Registers's records concerning your car.

Thanks and best wishes

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page