Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 F Type clutch withdrawal bearing cover/cap
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeterL

United Kingdom
1714 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2020 :  13:08:18  Show Profile
Dear All

Can anyone help? I need a replacement cap or dimensions so that I can have one made and we are not sure how much to allow for wear! Or maybe a drawing???

Very many thanks

P

Photos upside down! first time that has happened to me... never mind...

mjb

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2020 :  16:37:52  Show Profile
Hello Peter,
As it happens I've got one of these that's never been used (no wear) ,I don't want to part with it as its a spare for my F Type, however you may find the following attachments useful if you have to resort to getting one made. It doesn't look quite the same as the one in your picture but I'm sure mine is the correct part.

The section drawing shows the dimensions in inches as best as I can measure them with digital vernier calipers.
hope this is of some use.
Cheers,
Mike.

mike bradbury
Go to Top of Page

mgmog

United Kingdom
464 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2020 :  16:55:51  Show Profile
Sorry I cannot edit the posts, but have turned two pics, hope this helps.

Rich Stott
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1714 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2020 :  17:14:45  Show Profile
Mike Rich thank you both...

Mike I will probably go straight down the manufacture route unless someone pops up very quickly with a spare they don't want. Trouble is, you hear of one failure and immediately your spare becomes more important!.

Thank you very much for time and trouble, very much appreciated.

and Rich, do let me know the rotation trick. Things so much clearer the right way up!

Very many thanks, Both

P
Go to Top of Page

mjb

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2020 :  18:34:38  Show Profile
Hi Peter,
looking again at the pictures and the difference between your pictures and mine I am curious to know which is correct for the F Type. The clutch thrust bearing cover in my pictures is the same as the one in my car. Both were supplied new back in the 60s as correct for the F Type. However having just looked at the F Type drivers handbook this part looks different again. Also looking at BWs old parts catalogue it seems to suggest this part for the F, C and J4 types were the same.(I think these models were all fitted with the ENV gearbox which may be a clue).
I think the info I've posted is correct ,I hope so, but I'm beginning to wonder. What do you think? maybe other F type owners could comment.
Cheers,
Mike.

mike bradbury
Go to Top of Page

spatek

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2020 :  19:15:55  Show Profile
Its quite a few years ago but I am sure I bought a new one from sports and vintage.
Go to Top of Page

mgmog

United Kingdom
464 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2020 :  20:48:30  Show Profile
Hi Peter
its very simple if you have Photoshop, right click the pic, save to pc, open in photoshop, rotate, save, upload.
I am sure you can do the same with Paint which is free on a PC, bit more long winded. Not sure on mac, or smartphones/android devices as you have other editing tools.
I am sure plenty of people on here use phones and can advise how best to get the pics to work?
Rich

Rich Stott
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1714 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2020 :  22:19:37  Show Profile
Thanks Chaps

S&V don't have them for the F sadly otherwise I would have been home and dry so it looks like making one... Mike thank you for your input. I suspect mine looked like yours once! Tomorrow with a bit of careful measuring we might see if what is left accords to your measurements. The radius required to cover the fingers is the determining factor and I wonder if mine might have been turned down to the minimum to save weight.

It looks as if it has fractured at the bottom of the groove, perhaps with the fingers rubbing as the pedal has been without a return spring and that could have been the cause of this problem ... possibly...

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

mjb

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2020 :  12:41:17  Show Profile
Peter, Here is a corrected version of the earlier dimensioned section together with two pics from the original F Type handbook showing the slightly different thrust bearing cover mentioned earlier.

Sorry about the picture orientation, I can't seem to get it right either.
Cheers,
Mike.

mike bradbury
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000