Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 J/P Cycle wings
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Molly

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2020 :  18:22:08  Show Profile
Hello,

I'm new to the club, forum and MG ownership having just bought Bob Clare's MG PA.

As the car is currently fitted with cycle wings at the front and flared arches at the back, I'm looking for another pair of cycle wings to fit on the rear to match the front.

Given the car's current state of patination I'd like to see if I can find a used set before going down the buy new route

This will no doubt be the first of many postings.

thanks
Andrew

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3230 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2020 :  20:14:57  Show Profile
Hello Andrew and welcome to the Forum which you will quickly find is the source of much information on our very special cars.

In addition to the Forum the Register produces a bi-monthly Bulletin, sub form in the Documents section of this Forum, as well as a Yearbook which is stocked by our Librarian Rich Stott.

You have bought quite a well known car, dear Bob used in all manner of driving tests and tours. I am sure you will derive much pleasure in driving the car.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 23/11/2020 20:18:06
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2020 :  20:25:23  Show Profile
And a welcome from me too, Andrew. Interesting choice of Forum name, but then again Bob always referred to his PA as 'Molly' - although I never really knew why!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 23/11/2020 20:25:42
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1490 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2020 :  20:43:24  Show Profile
Hi Andrew and welcome.
That's a fabulous P you've got yourself there.
Your not that far up the road from me either.
Good luck with the search, there must be some out there somewhere!
Colin

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2020 :  09:50:45  Show Profile
Congratulations Andrew. I can vouch that these old cars are a progressive disease!

I’m afraid I don’t know of any old cycle wings, though Steve Gilbert usually has some new ones on the shelf and ready to go. I hear that Bob Clare’s, Cresta N type ( which he called Ernest) has gone to one of our members, just pipping a Japanese collector on the purchase.

To answer Dick’s question ‘why Molly?’ I’ve just read Bob Clare’s 2002 Yearbook article on restoring the Cresta. He mentions Molly and gives the following explanation as to how she acquired her name. Perhaps we all have a Molly sitting in the garage!

Tim

Edited by - Tim Luffingham on 25/11/2020 09:53:04
Go to Top of Page

Molly

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2020 :  13:37:32  Show Profile
Thanks very much for posting Tim, it’s great to finally see an explanation of the Molly name.
Andrew
Go to Top of Page

Phil Standish

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  13:10:49  Show Profile
Hi Andrew
Welcome to the forum. I have been fortunate to be able to acquire Ernest- Bobs NB Cresta. Apparently Ernest got his name from the Worthing connection- the cresta motor company were based in Worthing and from The importance of being .....
Kind regards
Phil
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1628 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  16:37:45  Show Profile
Well done Phil lovely car. Hope it gives you as much pleasure as it did to Bob.
Very best
Terry

TH
Go to Top of Page

Phil Standish

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  16:48:05  Show Profile
Hi Terry,

I hope all is well with you.

Thanks for your message. I am really pleased to have been able to purchase the Cresta. Looking forward to collecting hopefully next week.

Kind regards

Phil
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  20:09:48  Show Profile
Andrew, have you been successful in sourcing a pair of cycle wings?

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000