Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 P Type Rear Springs
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Justin Heal

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2020 :  16:40:09  Show Profile
wondering if anyone state side has a set of rear springs, i have TA springs that have the silent block, but the hanger is a different diameter so they wont work,

hoping i can find a pair of serviceable springs in the US, as new from England, the shipping is crazy!

coracle

United Kingdom
1889 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2020 :  12:24:43  Show Profile
Would just switching the main leaf for a compatible one be practical to solve the problem?
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
1968 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2020 :  13:30:28  Show Profile

Or a good blacksmith could alter the spring end to suit the P type.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Keith Nelson

United Kingdom
82 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2020 :  15:30:34  Show Profile
Justin
See solution to identical problem for Paul55 "PA Rear Springs" dated 19/09/2011.
Regards
Keith

ON
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1551 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2020 :  16:06:56  Show Profile
Justin,
A simpler alternative, since the P Type and TA rear springs only differ in their forward mounting 'eye':

So why not make a new mounting 'pin' to suit the metalastic bush for the TA variant - arguably a technically superior spring mounting solution.

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

Justin Heal

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2020 :  16:18:50  Show Profile
NTG sells the TA hanger, i believe the thread on the frame is the same, so an option if i want to reuse my spare TA springs, i am also going in investigate a oilite bushing, see if i can find one that meets the out on the pin and the inner on the silent block, that way should i ultimately find some PA springs, or manage to get back to the UK post Covid and Brexit, i can always reverse more easily!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000