Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Mike Worthington-Williams
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KJ1592

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2021 :  11:08:22  Show Profile
Sadly Mike passed away yesterday. He was a huge part of the vintage car movement and helped countless enthusiasts over the years. He will be very sadly missed.

Tim Sharp

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2021 :  12:50:07  Show Profile
That is sad. Mike was a regular at the pub I owned in Newcastle Emlyn in the early 1980's and was a most enjoyable guy to chat with. A true polymath, he would sit doing his crossword occasionally throwing out questions to those around him. Whilst cars were clearly a most important part of his life he needed to be persuaded, by an additional pint of mild, to actually talk about them. I do not envy those who will have to clear his house! He was a knowledge base who will be sadly missed.

Regards

Tim

Tim Sharp
PB0685-TR6- Nuneaton
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3217 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2021 :  13:39:22  Show Profile
Sad, he was the font of all knowledge and must have had an enormous reference library.

He will be missed by all those in the classic car world.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2021 :  15:19:15  Show Profile
Very sad news . I wonder who will take on Arthur , his , was it 4 litre , Austin. We had a pleasant chat one day at Prescott while he was sitting in it .
Go to Top of Page

Ralph

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2021 :  19:21:02  Show Profile
Mike is also well known in the vintage, veteran and classic motorcycle world providing much information to those reading Old Bike Mart every month.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000